Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

GAGA RADIO episode 2 summary

EuphoricVibez

Featured Posts

EuphoricVibez

This is going to be out of order, so forgive me on that. :heart:

- Gaga absolutely loves Replay, and was obsessed with BURNS' production on it.

- At the beginning of the episode, Gaga said "We all know I love a good vogue."

- Gaga explains that just because someone makes a better melody than her own, it doesn't mean that the other person who wrote the melody was bad, just to be in favor of her melody in the first place.

- Gaga, and BURNS talked about an old demo of Sour Candy, and how it came along much later in the writing process whereas Stupid Love was done two, and a half years before that.

- She made music for Chromatica, in the dark, because of her depression, and slowly came back to life while making it.

- She had a hard time making ARTPOP with the producers because they weren't willing to work with each other, or with her. They were too rigid for her.

- Next week's special guest, for episode 3, is "someone very near, and dear to me who is also on the record", with LM's speculating that it's either Ariana, or Elton.

- BURNS said that the reason why Chromatica is so cohesive is because Gaga allowed the producers, and writers into her life.

- Gaga said that she feels like something dies every time she puts out an album, whether it's something, or somebody. She also said that something died inside of her that no longer served her, and it felt like an exorcism.

- Gaga believes Sour Candy is a stroke of genius. She described it as dance-pop with K-Pop influence.

- BURNS, and BloodPop wanted Chromatica to be timeless.

- Gaga did the Sour Candy rap over the original track.

- Gaga mentioned that at 19, she started out in the music business, and wrote music for other artists, and "tons of different producers". She also said that the producers wanted her to work on a track, or two, and leave the room, so she just wrote for those tracks, and then left too.

- Gaga said the Chromatica producers were egoless, and were willing to work with her, and said that it wasn't a "This track is mine, don't touch it" situation.

- BURNS would make stuff "on the fly", and look around to ask if anyone liked what he was making while BloodPop would change around some things if needed.

- Gaga said that people love Replay, and said it was most specifically about what it's like to have posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and BURNS said she went through a lot of pain making it.

- Gaga asked BURNS what it was like seeing her have a panic attack, or trauma response, and have to leave, and take medicine, and how different it made him feel about Chromatica. He said it made him have a real understanding of what it was all like for her. The songwriting was like part therapy to her, and it made BURNS said he realized how important it was to get Chromatica right for her.

- BURNS said that Gaga wasn't afraid to show her bravery to him.

- Gaga trusted everything that BURNS, and BloodPop made on Chromatica.

- Gaga asked BURNS if he had a favorite memory of Chromatica, with or without her. He said that the album was at his height of his musical experience, and he said he enjoyed the team of other producers, and writers working with Gaga on the album.

- She said she had to relinquish some semblance of control when it came to the stories she was telling about her life, and engage with her producers on how she could tell those stories in a different way.

- One of BURNS' fondest memories was playing Gaga his version of Rain On Me, and he said it was their first time in the studio together, and Gaga said she cried when it was finished.

He/him/his

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers

Oooh them ARTPOP producers gonna be mad

Spoiler

but I'm here for them getting told :ladyhaha:

Spoiler

even though feuds always backfire :messga:

Spoiler

I'm still glad they were exposed :vegas:

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

3 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

At the beginning of the episode, Gaga said "We all love a good vogue."

That's in the intro of Gaga Radio 

Born in Chromatica

It was interesting learning about how Replay was created and how the production and songwriting came together. I also loved how when Gaga was creating the music, she felt she could open up, which helped with the creation of the album/Replay. 

I just love listening to Gaga when she is talking about the creation of the album because she always has a story behind it and a message that is so unique and this was shown when describing he creation of Replay. Can't wait for Episode 3 and the surprise guest (guessing it is Elton John :poot:). 

Thanks for the summary @EuphoricVibez .

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

8 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

Gaga absolutely loves Replay, and was obsessed with BURNS' production on it.

Burnsmatica yup 

It's what we deserve :lolly:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

EuphoricVibez
1 minute ago, Agunimon said:

Is there a link with just the interview parts out yet?

Let me check, and see

He/him/his

10 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

She had a hard time making ARTPOP with the producers because they weren't willing to work with each other, or with her. They were too rigid for her.

And it lowkey shows :messga:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

So do y'all think that DJWS was kicked out of the project 'cause he didn't want to collaborate? 

tumblr_mcymg9U0ie1qbgmsxo2_250.gif

Curunir
7 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

She had a hard time making ARTPOP with the producers because they weren't willing to work with each other, or with her. They were too rigid for her.

Ok so it's not DJWS since they've always been very close and had almost like a brother-sister relationship.

Madeon is on Chromatica so it's not him either.

I could imagine Zedd being more complicated to work with, especially since they haven't really shown any real interaction in years, apart from a tweet reply here and there... I've also watched interviews of Zedd where he explains how much of a perfectionist he is when it comes to production and him making countless versions of songs before arriving to the final one. Not saying this in a bad way at all tho, I love his work.

I know nothing about Nick Monson and Dino Zisis though, and they're all over the album, so she might have been referring to them.

ImMatt

Interesting to hear her speak really highly of Replay and how much the song means and how the whole team are super proud of that song...

Interesting question, do we think Replay will ever be released as a single from the album? Maybe not next but in the future??

Archived