💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

When Did Britney Spears' Music Become More Mature?

mzncb

Featured Posts

Interesting video...

While I strongly contend she shed her "girl next door image" with the following performance and NOT THE 2001 VMA/SNAKE PERFORMANCE...

I do tend to agree that MUSICALLY, I'm a Slave 4 U was arguably the pivotal shift in her career.

Thoughts?

Blastertoyo

I thought this would be another thread about the songwriting of Everytime 

:enigma:

I think she instantly got more mature during Oops

please enlighten me to death

Lucas

I think the Britney era was the first step, but it still had some "little girl" moments. In The Zone was when she really appeared as a woman and not in-between girl & woman imo

MonsterofFame

The "correct" answer would be In The Zone, but I really think it's Glory.

Glory is very sensual and sexual in a mature, not-in-your-face way. The videos and images of this era match that.

Stephen
27 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think the Britney era was the first step, but it still had some "little girl" moments. In The Zone was when she really appeared as a woman and not in-between girl & woman imo

This exactly. “I’m a Slave 4 U” was flirting with maturity but in a young rebellious way, and the rest of that album was very childish and teen poppy :yennefer:

In the Zone is her real transition album. Toxic, Breathe On Me, Touch of My Hand. Just legendary stuff. Look at the material...

Gimme More
42 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I agree with everything you said :bradley:

I think Glory was quite mature too

#JusticeForBritney ♡

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

3 hours ago, MonsterofFame said:

The "correct" answer would be In The Zone, but I really think it's Glory.

2 hours ago, Stephen said:

This exactly. “I’m a Slave 4 U” was flirting with maturity but in a young rebellious way, and the rest of that album was very childish and teen poppy :yennefer:

In the Zone is her real transition album. Toxic, Breathe On Me, Touch of My Hand. Just legendary stuff. Look at the material...

These are very notable points.

People forget, she was still literally considered a virgin during her entire Slave 4 U "snake" era...

In terms of attempting to drop her girl next door image, it all started with the 2000 VMA FIRST, THEN Slave, THEN IN THE ZONE etc...

tumblr_oefmqbSGgf1us5kgqo2_250.gifHCdm.gif

And when mentioning her In The Zone album, DON'T forget about the Everytime video, by far her most mature music video, and where she predicted her paparazzi-ambulance-5105-conservatorship future from something she composed on her own:

eEHTMU.gif

Archived