Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Made Gaga Most Depressed During ARTPOP?

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Blastertoyo

I’m genuinely curious.

Was it not knowing what f*ck all she had to do with Katy Perry? :bear:

Producers? Troy? Being called flop? Unable to execute her vision? 

@Twitter I’d definitely want to hear what you think since I saw you had some insight in the other thread :enigma:

please enlighten me to death

EuphoricVibez
1 minute ago, Blastertoyo said:

I’m genuinely curious.

Producers? Troy? Being called flop? Unable to execute her vision? 

To be honest, I wouldn't doubt if it was a combination of all of that

He/him/his

TWICE on hatius

maxresdefault.jpg

Edit: I think this was mainly the reason

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

xoxo Craig

Hip/neurological pain, Troy Carter, the producers, her label, the underperformance of ARTPOP and its singles, R.Kelly, drug/alcohol addiction...

End Racism Now

I mean none of that stuff listed helped, but I think it was more that breaking her hip caused her to have to 'face' her pre-existing trauma that she'd been running from and avoiding for so long. It was during this time that she first told people around her that she had been assaulted. I think the mental health stuff was bound to surface at some point, and all the other bad things (Troy, media, record labels stuff) all came to a head and left her in a bad spot.

The Z

She realized the rape, realized that several "friends" just wanted money, realized that whatever she thinks of fame she will never ever be able to "unfame" herself... 

Bonkers

Her soul.

I believe she believes work is equal to worth.  And she wasn't respecting her body's messages to her, and she was working far beyond limits. 

First she broke a hip.  

Kept working. 

So to get her attention, her soul is like, no, you're taking a break, and refused to make it possible for her to ignore her inner guidance anymore.

Google images:  Lady Gaga.  Who wouldn't be exhausted after all of that?

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Anderson123

Just from the things we know I'd say: Her management using her as a money making machine, acknowledging she was a sexual abuse survivor and talking about it for the first time, parting ways with Troy in the middle of the release of the album, cronic pain, probably the stress of having to meet high expectations after Born This Way, producers? but I think this wasn't that bad, the media pitting her against Katy, probably the "failure" of what the label spent on the making of ARTPOP and not getting the money back and having to cancel Act 2, and probably other personal stuff (friends, family, Taylor Kinney's relationship?).

raragaga

and shady, backstabbing 'friends'

xoxo

MonsterofFame

I think the biggest factor was her breakup with Luc.

He was the love of her life, and many of her love songs through BTW were written about him. I believe he cheated on her a few times, was gambling enormous amounts of her money, and Gaga finally had enough. He also used to berate her and put down her music and style both before and after she was famous. The scene from ASIB where Jackson berates Ally in the tub was almost literally quotes from what Luc said to her throughout her life.

The breakup during the BTW tour drove her into depression where she used drugs and alcohol to cope, along with being overworked by Troy for the past 3 years, eventually leading to the hip injury.

The breakup, injury, and cancellation of BTW Ball during the peak of her career was like having all your success and happiness taken from you overnight. 

Archived