💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Ellen Was Being Racist On Her Show And Get Away With It

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

So this gone viral today, and I'm shooketh.

How can this happen, and it actually airs!

"BuT tHat'S JUsT hUMoR!" right? :triggered:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers

That's really how it was!  White people just didn't know, for real.

I mean, have you watched Friends lately?

I agree it's racist, but it's the ignorant kind, not one that comes from an intentional place of malice.  

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Modern Ecstasy2

The way Ellen mocks her accent... classy. Really classy, Ellen.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Wait, am I just being stupid? Or is imitating an accent not really racist? :derpga:

Like I just find that more rude than anything

Lorde Von Kok

Yikes. :bear:

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Born in Chromatica

Mocking someone's accent when they are trying to speak a second language, real classy. 

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

That is Sofia's brand, her accent and her sexuality, so Ellen was purposefully promoting it as it's all Sofia talks about on talk shows. Ellen might be the devil but Sofia is clearly in on it.

Babel

Those “jokes” were always uncomfortable to watch, specially Sofia’s reaction to them. :awkney:

I agree it's cringy but Vergara has done a lot with her accent lol

yes and

I don't like Ellen either, but where were all these evidences a few months ago? Why do people start noticing such things when a person messed up? lmao 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Roronoa
2 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

That is Sofia's brand, her accent and her sexuality, so Ellen was purposefully promoting it as it's all Sofia talks about on talk shows. Ellen might be the devil but Sofia is clearly in on it.

I agree. That was her whole persona on Modern Family. And she made a lot of $$ off it. 

HEARTSTOP
5 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Wait, am I just being stupid? Or is imitating an accent not really racist? :derpga:

This. I don't think this can be considered racist...

Just a very rude try at mocking the accent of someone who made her comedic career in the US by mocking her own accent.

You guys know, they run their interviews with each other and their PR teams before recording it, right? And you know it is taped and edited, not actually live, so it is agreed between both parts of the people involved in the show?

It doesn't make the jokes ok, or even funny for that matter, but saying Sofia was damaged by this or that it is racist is a big reach.

IDGAF

RabbitHeart
11 minutes ago, ProjectJoanne said:

I think in the context of a white person doing it toward a POC, it's symbolic of some deeper (maybe subconscious, not always personal but more systemic) disrespect.

It's weird to think that jokes like this were definitely normalized back in the 2000s to like the earlier 2010s compared to now.

Archived