throwback

Ellen Was Being Racist On Her Show And Get Away With It

RAMROD

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, PETTY said:

"It’s not offensive but it kinda is" 

we-

so, since the ignorance is starting early in this thread:

yes it is offensive. It doesn’t matter if Sophia plays into it or not, she’s trying to get by as a WOC in Hollywood. It doesn’t make it OK or right. Ellen saying "after 10 years and your accent has gotten worse" is extremely offensive and uncalled for. 

There is nothing wrong with joking about accents. But if all you do around a person is mock their accent then its wrong. Thats what I said in my first comment..

For example, if someone made a Gay joke, I would be fine with it as a Gay person. But if thats all you joke about and you bring it up every single time you see me, then something is wrong.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quartz

Sofia has been guesting on Ellen for numerous occasions spanning years. Why? I don't know, maybe because they're FRIENDS.

We can cancel her for the horrible working conditions, but come on. Cancelling her for this? This is comedy. God, going PC on jokes, how lame.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

littlepotter

Why are we deciding on behalf of Sofia or Latinx people if it's offensive? It's their opinion that counts and no one else's. If you are neither I don't see why you're giving your two cents.

chaeri pls

Chromatography
13 minutes ago, Pipipi said:

It doesn't seem Sofia Vergara is actually bothered by it but still in PC culture a public figure like Ellen should have known better.

what do you want her to do? go off on television? 

25 minutes ago, Blastertoyo said:

Do you think it’s offensive? 

At the end of the day it's just mindless television, and "comedy". Nothing to get too riled up about. My mom has a strong "arabic" accent I make jokes about it sometimes it's not that deep imo

7 minutes ago, Chromatography said:

what do you want her to do? go off on television? 

Once again as a mexican myself with a very obvious accent to north american ears I am not bothered by it and in my opinion it seems she wasn´t bother either. I also expressed that IF a close person to me makes fun of it I don't feel hurt because there is a good and close relationship. I don´t know Sofia nor Ellen at a personal level and I don't know what kind of relationship they have off camera (we don´t know if this is how they interact in real life when cameras are off).

I don't condone what Ellen did I just expressed my opinion based on my personal experience as a mexican that has dealt with this type of situations. 

:kiss:

Chromatography
1 minute ago, Pipipi said:

Once again as a mexican myself with a very obvious accent to north american ears I am not bothered by it and in my opinion it seems she wasn´t bother either. I also expressed that IF a close person to me makes fun of it I don't feel hurt because there is a good and close relationship. I don´t know Sofia nor Ellen at a personal level and I don't know what kind of relationship they have off camera (we don´t know if this is how they interact in real life when cameras are off).

I don't condone that what Ellen did I just expressed my opinion based on my personal experience as a mexican that has dealt with this type of situations. 

:kiss:

no i totally get what you’re saying completely, but sofia is in a difficult position. i feel like if she said anything she would just be labeled a sensitive bitch, you know (if she was actually bothered by ellen). it’s hard to tell if she’s bothered or not

Economy

What does she say? I'm at the grocery store and don't wanna press play and get jumped or something :awkney:

Just now, Economy said:

What does she say? I'm at the grocery store and don't wanna press play and get jumped or something :awkney:

Ellen ridicules Sofia´s accent/English

On 8/14/2020 at 5:27 AM, Sour Candy said:

I don't like Ellen either, but where were all these evidences a few months ago? Why do people start noticing such things when a person messed up? lmao 

Precisely. 

Archived