RAMROD

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeavyMetalLover

Um. Well.

11 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

This. I don't think this can be considered racist...

Just a very rude try at mocking the accent of someone who made her comedic career in the US by mocking her own accent.

You guys know, they run their interviews with each other and their PR teams before recording it, right? And you know it is taped and edited, not actually live, so it is agreed between both parts of the people involved in the show?

It doesn't make the jokes ok, or even funny for that matter, but saying Sofia was damaged by this or that it is racist is a big reach.

It's definitely not funny, but we have to remember this is in the context of comedy.

It's really not that scandalous.

i don't remember ARTPOP

Modern Ecstasy2
8 minutes ago, Angelm said:

Gaga please don’t ever go to that show :selena:

Will be interesting to see if she ever goes back on the show or not in the future 

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

KillerMonster

I’m not sure if it’s racist but it’s definitely disrespectful

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

Monsieur D

Rude and racist :saladga:

If someone made fun of my accent on national TV I would get pretty upset... 

Don't try to make this a joke, it's okay to Sofia to make fun of herself, but Ellen was being rude, ignorant and racist to her... she looks very uncomfortable on that video... 

Jose P

As someone who speaks Spanish I don’t think this is racist :bear:

I mean, Sofia herself makes fun of her own accent all the time, she’s built a career out of exaggerated thick accent. At most, Ellen’s jokes are just annoying imo. Not defending any of the other things she’s accused of, but this right here doesn’t seem problematic.

ToxicHot

(Don’t assume I’m defending Ellen because I honestly couldn’t care less, but you always seem to misinterpret my posts anyway so :billie:)

I wouldn’t say this is racist, just rude and stupid. Yeah, she’s trying way too hard to be funny but this sh*t is just flat-out offensive. Like, really Ellen? Just because Sofia has a thick accent means she doesn’t speak English well enough?? 

Poor Sofia. :( I hope she wasn’t offended or hurt. This is embarrassing and very cringe-worthy.

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

RenegAde

This is so unfair to use this clip and accuse her of racism 

It was just a comic segment and sofia definitely knew about it. They had so many segments together  like this back in the day . I agree that its offensive as i hate people especially americans making fun of my accent but if sofia knew and was okay with ellen using it as a source of content why are people bringing this things back up to paint ellen in a bad light . Ellen is a comedian

People will probably discredit what im saying and tag me  ellen supporter but who cares 

People are just gonna use anything they find at this point. That was NOT racist. If we're gonna call someone out for joking about accents then the list is gonna be long as tits.

derpmonster

So many people do this unfortunately. Trevor Noah did this with Indian people and got away with it... like girl you should know better at least

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Prostitute Barbie

Okay but if it upset her though why would she have kept going back. Doesn’t seem like Sofia was bothered tbh 

Those moments were watched by millions of people and they also probably got millions of views on youtube, if its "scandalous" now is only because hating on Ellen is a thing now, so people are scanning her stuff to find stuff that can be considered controversial, but when she was loved, noone would care about it and would consider it humor. So no I dont agree with this idea of starting a witchhunt of her past words when people didnt care about them when they were said.

Archived