💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Dolly Parton covers Billboard Magazine

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

For the first time ever, Dolly Parton has landed the cover of Billboard Magazine.

dolly-parton-05-billboard-2760.jpg?image

In the article, Parton speaks more candidly than normal on a variety of topics including Black Lives Matter. Below are some of the main points discussed in the article:

~ Parton and Craig Ross - president of Dollywood company - delayed reopening DollyWood (and her other properties like Dollywood Splash Country, DreamMore Resort, the 8 dinner theatres she owns across the country, etc.) due to concerns over COVID. She had more than 4000 employees furloughed when everything was closed.

~ Parton believes in paying those around her well and wants to support them as much as possible. A quote from the article: "Keeping people employed and paid is a particular priority for Parton, who continues to pay her band, even though she hasn’t toured since 2016, as well as her personal staffers, during the pandemic."

~ Parton is the only artist to have top 20 hits on the Hot Country Songs chart in all the following decades: 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, and 2010s.

~ Parton co-owns Sandollar productions, which was responsible for co-producing the Buffy The Vampire Slayer TV series

~ Parton signed an enormous licensing deal with IMG to produce many goods that will be affiliated with Parton in the near future.

~ Parton will release a new Christmas album on October 2 which will include the likes of Michael Bublé, Miley Cyrus, and Jimmy Fallon.

dolly-parton-01-billboard-1750.jpg?imagedolly-parton-04-billboard-1750.jpg?image

~ Parton owns the masters to most of her albums and actively avoids long-term contracts that could compromise her projects

~ Dolly's remarks on renaming her dinner theatres after people expressed concerns over the name "Dixie" - "“When they said ‘Dixie’ was an offensive word, I thought, ‘Well, I don’t want to offend anybody. This is a business. We’ll just call it The Stampede.’ As soon as you realize that [something] is a problem, you should fix it. Don’t be a dumbass. That’s where my heart is. I would never dream of hurting anybody on purpose.” 

~ Dolly's remarks on BLM - "I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen,” she says. “And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No!” 

Here is a link to the Billboard article if you wish to read it in full:

12cover-dollyparton-lores.jpg?imageOpt=1dolly-parton-02-billboard-1750.jpg?image

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/country/9432581/dolly-parton-country-power-players-billboard-cover-story-interview-2020

• rumours changed the title to Dolly Parton covers Billboard Magazine
rumours

The billboard article in full is a great read, so I'd highly recommend it.

Also, MAGA people are already starting to come after her like they did in 2017, so any support you could show her on social media rn would be awesome. :heart:

rumours
1 minute ago, Taylucifer said:

a Christmas album with Jimmy Fallon on it:bear:

Oh she also talked about Taylor Swift in a billboard interview today as well:

Franch Toast

I love her so much! 

23 minutes ago, rumours said:

~ Dolly's remarks on renaming her dinner theatres after people expressed concerns over the name "Dixie" - "“When they said ‘Dixie’ was an offensive word, I thought, ‘Well, I don’t want to offend anybody. This is a business. We’ll just call it The Stampede.’ As soon as you realize that [something] is a problem, you should fix it. Don’t be a dumbass. That’s where my heart is. I would never dream of hurting anybody on purpose.” 

~ Dolly's remarks on BLM - "I understand people having to make themselves known and felt and seen,” she says. “And of course Black lives matter. Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No!” 

We could all take a lesson in kindness from Dolly. :heart:

She/Her/Hers

TimisaMonster

Literally...skinny legend 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Runway
1 hour ago, rumours said:

Oh she also talked about Taylor Swift in a billboard interview today as well:

“She’s known how to market herself”

it’s subtle ... but effective :billie:

Archived