💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Are There No New “Main Pop Girls”?

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Enigma
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Camila's won grammys, had two number one singles, and more well known than Dua :billie:  she had Senñorita which was a global smash

Hits don’t grant you the main pop girl status. She has no star power and too little personality to be a household name. 

Nicki, Gaga and Katy became pop girls because of their talent but ALSO because of their strong distinctive styles.

It isn’t a coincidence that Katy started flopping the moment she cut the black hair off and shifted to a different music style

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, SeIena Gomez said:

Overall I’d say yes Camilla has hits

but does she have an Electricity or One Kiss? :ohwell:

Both those songs bombed :billie:

End Racism Now

It seems like there is none. But I feel like the definition of "MPG" has changed due to social media and the streaming era. Dua, Ari, Billie, etc. are MPG’s of this time whether we like to see it that way or not.

SeIena Gomez
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Well Billie is alternative, not pop.

Dua.... she hasn't had her big break. Like her album charted at number 5 in the US, and she doesn't have a top 5 single. Dua has had success in the UK and Europe. But elsewhere? She isn't that well known

4 minutes ago, SeIena Gomez said:

I think Dua is a much more sophisticated artist who like Gaga is promo sensitive and is trying to make a bigger worldwide name for herself rather than focusing on the UK and smashing there. Camilla kind of had everything handed to her after the X factor and the controversy of her leaving FH - and Dua is doing brilliantly for an album with 0 collabs unlike Camilla with her constant male rap features 

SeIena Gomez
1 minute ago, xoxo Craig said:

Both those songs bombed :billie:

Literally everyone knows One Kiss and Electricity is one of the most gorgeous droplet singles of all time 

One Kiss was literally the song of the summer - everyone had it on whether you were at the club or watching the FIFA world cup

Davian
6 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Camila's won grammys, had two number one singles, and more well known than Dua :billie:  she had Senñorita which was a global smash

You were saying?:yennefer:

281717-C3-C30-A-45-BE-99-B7-345-A7-BC17-
CF6-EEBD9-BE97-4166-B3-DB-BBC2477-ADB19.

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Just now, Davian said:

You were saying?:yennefer:

281717-C3-C30-A-45-BE-99-B7-345-A7-BC17-
CF6-EEBD9-BE97-4166-B3-DB-BBC2477-ADB19.

This is why I concluded that he was trolling. :billie:

xoxo Craig
Just now, SeIena Gomez said:

Literally everyone knows One Kiss and Electricity is one of the most gorgeous droplet singles of all time 

I don't agree with that. Maybe One Kiss was a mediocre hit, but Electricity made no noise. I love Electricity but it didn't do that well

End Racism Now

Varys
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

I don't agree with that. Maybe One Kiss was a mediocre hit, but Electricity made no noise. I love Electricity but it didn't do that well

But my oh my and liar wear a smash right :billie:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Enigma
3 minutes ago, SeIena Gomez said:

Omg the way you attacked all the girlies :bear:

Sorry but the state of pop music is something I’m very passionate about :bear: I constantly see people (especially here) blowing up some of these girls like Camila... Which isn’t helping at all. You’re giving attention and commercial success to boring messes, and the message that sends is “y’all don’t need to do more” and “you’ll reach Gaga/Katy/Nicki levels of success by doing the absolute least”.

We gotta start demanding more from the new girls :grr:

(That’s how Dua decided to learn dancing lol :fan:)

SeIena Gomez

The way Selena is constantly paid dust when her music is literally timeless! 

Yes she whispers and can’t sing or whatever but her music does not age period. Revival still sounds fresh in this day and age and she has a lot of success and has remained relevant for a very long time - longer than Gaga. 

EDIT: ready for the LMAO’s and “is that a joke!1!1!1!”

xoxo Craig
Just now, Varys said:

But my oh my and liar wear a smash right :billie:

More people were talking about them, so probably :billie:

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
Just now, SeIena Gomez said:

The way Selena is constantly paid dust when her music is literally timeless! 

Yes she whispers and can’t sing or whatever but her music does not age period. Revival still sounds fresh in this day and age and she has a lot of success and has remained relevant for a very long time - longer than Gaga. 

She debuted in like 2012 :billie:  

End Racism Now

Archived