💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Are There No New “Main Pop Girls”?

Blastertoyo

Featured Posts

Ryusei
3 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Because y'all don't give them a single chance and keep clinging of past and constantly compare them :rip:

oop- here's the tea. 

Musery

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cookie Tookie

Because none of them bring anything new to the table. The only person that really has something to offer is Billie Eilish, and I’m not even a huge fan. 

Enigma

Because they CANT put on a show.

Dua Lipa JUST learned how to dance

Ava Max and all the related basic ones are a snooze

Billie Eilish makes music to fall asleep to

The reason rap girls are on top right now is they are the ones giving a show. Cardi B’s award show performances are insane (at least the Press one I saw). Lizzo’s BET performance? An EVENT. 

The attract of pop is that it’s all about full blown visuals, explosive choruses, etc. Few (if any) of the new girls are able to serve that in a consistent way.

xoxo Craig
Just now, SLAG said:

This is delusion. I’m not a fan of either but I’d say Dua is a bit more accomplished. Last time I heard about Camilla was Havana after that she disappeared probably to start a family. Idk.

Camila's won grammys, had two number one singles, and more well known than Dua :billie:  she had Senñorita which was a global smash

End Racism Now

SeIena Gomez
1 minute ago, SLAG said:

This is delusion. I’m not a fan of either but I’d say Dua is a bit more accomplished. Last time I heard about Camilla was Havana after that she disappeared probably to start a family. Idk.

I agree with this. 

A no.1 single doesn’t dictate your success. Nicki Minaj has 2 and we all know how hard she tried to get those. :bear:

I think Dua is a much more sophisticated artist who like Gaga is promo sensitive and is trying to make a bigger worldwide name for herself rather than focusing on the UK and smashing there. Camilla kind of had everything handed to her after the X factor and the controversy of her leaving FH - and Dua is doing brilliantly for an album with 0 collabs unlike Camilla with her constant male rap features 

JazzGa

Maybe it doesn't make sense to divide musicians into "rapper" and "pop gurl" categories when the majority of the ppl listed as "rappers" also sing and put out pop tracks

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Jose P
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

Camila's won grammys, had two number one singles, and more well known than Dua :billie:  she had Senñorita which was a global smash

Dua has also won Grammys tho :awkney:

And Billie had one of the best selling albums of 2019, and album that’s still charting.

Let’s not base who’s a main pop girl and whether YOU like them or not. It should be more objective based on success, not “oh I like her she’s main pop girl then, oh I don’t like her well she’s a flop”

Varys
2 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Who knows Camila lmao. They know her as the Havana songtress and maybe for being a racist :lmao:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

SeIena Gomez
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Because they CANT put on a show.

Dua Lipa JUST learned how to dance

Ava Max and all the related basic ones are a snooze

Billie Eilish makes music to fall asleep to

The reason rap girls are on top right now is they are the ones giving a show. Cardi B’s award show performances are insane (at least the Press one I saw). Lizzo’s BET performance? An EVENT. 

The attract of pop is that it’s all about full blown visuals, explosive choruses, etc. Few (if any) of the new girls are able to serve that in a consistent way.

Omg the way you attacked all the girlies :bear:

3 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

You’re definitely trolling :ladyhaha:

Davian
8 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I'm not wrong :trollga:

And how are Never Be the Same, Shameless, My Oh My and Liar examples or ‘dominating’ the music industry?:bear:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

SeIena Gomez

Overall I’d say yes Camilla has hits

but does she have an Electricity or One Kiss? :ohwell:

SeIena Gomez
Just now, Davian said:

And how are Never Be the Same, Shameless, My Oh My and Liar examples or ‘dominating’ the music industry?:bear:

They are literally just spammed on radio and shoved down throats :ladyhaha:

xoxo Craig
Just now, Jose P said:

Dua has also won Grammys tho :awkney:

And Billie had one of the best selling albums of 2019, and album that’s still charting.

Let’s not base who’s a main pop girl and whether YOU like them or not. It should be more objective based on success, not “oh I like her she’s main pop girl then, oh I don’t like her well she’s a flop”

Well Billie is alternative, not pop.

Dua.... she hasn't had her big break. Like her album charted at number 5 in the US, and she doesn't have a top 5 single. Dua has had success in the UK and Europe. But elsewhere? She isn't that well known

End Racism Now

Archived