🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

💌 The September fan envelope is here! 💌
Sign in to follow this  
politics

UAE and Israel to Normalize Relations

E MO TION

Israel and the United Arab Emirates have agreed to normalize relations, US President Donald Trump has announced.
As part of the deal, Israel will "suspend" plans to annex parts of the West Bank, according to a joint Israel-UAE-US statement that Trump tweeted Thursday morning.

In the coming weeks delegations from Israel and the UAE will meet to sign bilateral deals regarding investment, tourism, direct flights, security, telecommunications, technology, energy, healthcare, culture, the environment, the establishment of reciprocal embassies, and other areas of mutual benefit.

(sources: BBC and CNN)

I hate both Trump and Netanyahu and I hope it won't help neither of them in future elections (as it seems Israel may go to elections again, for the 4th time this year:fail:) but I'm happy that the annexation is stopping, and maybe it can help to the peace process.

• Like 2
  • YAAAS 4
  • Sad 3

gabeoz

Meanwhile the Israeli government continue to demolish homes of Palestinian families still living in them. :fatcat:

I dont understand how Netanyahu hasn't been removed from power yet :saladga:

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1

alsemanche

Trash.

• Thanks 1

Amir

Esallamu 3aleikum wra7mat Allah wbarakaru.

Nothing is ever perfect and whole

BUT

Peace is always good, keep your negativity away of this bless of a topic.

El7amdu'llah

• Like 3
  • Shook 1

Pennywise

UAE preaches religion as much as they can while they keep a blind eye to other muslim countries' suffering. It is a disgusting hypocrisy. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Thanks 2

alsemanche
9 minutes ago, Amir said:

Peace is always good, keep your negativity away of this bless of a topic.

If you think "peace" is good but also support normalizing relations with Israel then maybe you should reconsider you entire moral compass. And reducing this to "negativity" is disgusting. 

• Like 1

E MO TION
2 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

If you think "peace" is good but also support normalizing relations with Israel then maybe you should reconsider you entire moral compass. And reducing this to "negativity" is disgusting. 

I think what he meant with negativity is the negativity towards the legitimacy of Israel, not towards it's government policy or government in general. I criticize the government as well and I think they do horrible things that I don't agree with at all and that are hurting the Palestinians rights, but cancelling Israel legitimacy to exist is anti-semitic and wrong, same as cancelling Palestine legitimacy to exist is Islamophobic and wrong .

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Amir
3 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Thank you for being antisemitic, no offense taken.

Me and my family roots are Jerusalemite for hundreds (!) of years, and I have the right to exist in my indipendent only Jew country, and get the equal respect from the world, even with sensitive matters which I doubt you have the full knowledge about.

I dont hear you talking about occupied Sa7ara region in Morocco, or 'Turkish' Cyprus.

It's easy for u people to think all Jews are white, and escaped Europe ovens to occupy a country, but my unheard heritage exists, matter of fact, my grand grandmother (calculate yourseld) lived among Jewish majority in Jerusalem's old city (annexed region).

Reconsider your entire racist bias moral compass, my friend, and know the option that some of the Jews you gonna talk to, are not your stereotypical media consumed character. 

Peace

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 5

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, Amir said:

Thank you for being antisemitic, no offense taken.

Yeah i stopped reading here. If you don't know the difference between antisemitism and anti-zionism then read a book. goodbye.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Amir
Posted (edited)

Read the bible, learn it yourself. 

Anti-Zionism is the modern Anti-Semitism.

Criticism towards Israel as a state can definitely happen without you cancel 8 million zionist Jews, that have been that way, according to their religion for thousands of years. 

Anything else you wanna teach me about myself without being able to read a comment that doesn't praise yours as a part of mature conversation?

Shame

Edited by Amir
  • Sad 1

MysteryMan

Great news.

I hope it helps bring peace in the middle east. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sofianer
27 minutes ago, MysteryMan said:

Great news.

I hope it helps bring peace in the middle east. :heart:

How is this going to be bring peace in the middle east?

MysteryMan
1 hour ago, Sofianer said:

How is this going to be bring peace in the middle east?

Two countries in the Middle East normalising relations is a step towards peace. Particularly since their relations depend on the intention to stop the annexation of parts in the West Bank by Israel. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

SeIena Gomez
15 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Yeah i stopped reading here. If you don't know the difference between antisemitism and anti-zionism then read a book. goodbye.

Someone can’t debate properly 

shame 

• Like 3

Pennywise
8 minutes ago, SeIena Gomez said:

Someone can’t debate properly 

shame 

Lmao you're talking as if the other guy has any legitimate arguments. He literally said "anti zionism is antisemitism", and it quite literally isn't. People try to make criticism against israel into criticism against Jewish people so they can be rightfully "offended", but this demagogy is very see-through. You can support a Jewish state without supporting Israel and its policies, because they are, frankly, warmongers. And by "they", I mean the Israeli government, NOT Jewish people, so don't start with the pointless "antisemitic" accusations also. 

Most of the people on this thread/in this site have no idea whatsoever about middle eastern politics and interrelations. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 1