💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

Imagine Dragons

Head Empty

Featured Posts

Head Empty

Use this thread to discuss anything related to Imagine Dragons - aka the most underrated band in the last 20 years :tony:

I might expand upon this OP later :sis:

Note for the mods: I'm sure I made this thread once before (maybe on my old account? :laughga:) but I can't find it anywhere. Feel free to merge if the old thread ever surfaces :ohwell:

Head Empty

@KatieJudasGaga4 I mainly made this thread because I want to discuss the following but there was no other place:

I Don't Know Why is their most underrated track and was miles ahead of its time :giveup:

The 80s vibes would've been perfect for recent radio play, but the song is already 3 years old :emma:.

The vocals :giveup:. The bassline :giveup:. The panting :giveup:. And it's literally their only club song, but they did it so perfectly :giveup:

Head Empty

Dan Reynolds has been quite sneaky recently, teasing a next album :tony:

As well as Platz posting several pictures of him recording music on his story.

6 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Use this thread to discuss anything related to Imagine Dragons - aka the most underrated band in the last 20 years :tony:

I might expand upon this OP later :sis:

Note for the mods: I'm sure I made this thread once before (maybe on my old account? :laughga:) but I can't find it anywhere. Feel free to merge if the old thread ever surfaces :ohwell:

joannesrats

Gotta say, I think the most underrated band of the last couple decades is Muse. I know they have a huge following and are a successful group, as are Imagine Dragons, but in the public eye Muse isn't discussed much

youandi

Part of me wants to still love them. I loved their first album at the time, didn't really click with their second and then I fairly enjoyed the third but I don't think it was a good as their debut. Wasn't a fan of their last one, be interested to see what they do next 

raragaga

i love this album

71x+T7Cjx8L._SL1400_.jpg

xoxo

KatieJudasGaga4
11 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

@KatieJudasGaga4 I mainly made this thread because I want to discuss the following but there was no other place:

I Don't Know Why is their most underrated track and was miles ahead of its time :giveup:

The 80s vibes would've been perfect for recent radio play, but the song is already 3 years old :emma:.

The vocals :giveup:. The bassline :giveup:. The panting :giveup:. And it's literally their only club song, but they did it so perfectly :giveup:

I love this whole album so much

Spoiler

besides 2 songs, but anyways

From Evolve, the most underrated song imo is I'll Make It Up To You

It's so calming and the meaning behind it is so sweet and captivating :giveup:

It's amazing live and I'm glad I was able to witness it

In terms of their whole discography, I think their most underrated songs are between these 5:

(but just Nothing Left to Say, I don't really like Rocks)

Head Empty
6 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Weird that this didn't show up when I literally searched for "Imagine Dragons". And I'm pretty sure I made a similar thread back in the Smoke + Mirrors era :oprah:

Bradley

Great music, great personality, great message, great body!

I'd follow their career anytime they put out an album or go on tour.

Head Empty
6 minutes ago, joannesrats said:

Gotta say, I think the most underrated band of the last couple decades is Muse. I know they have a huge following and are a successful group, as are Imagine Dragons, but in the public eye Muse isn't discussed much

Gaga, Imagine Dragons and Muse are literally my only "favs" :laughga:

But I can see why Muse hasn't "hit it big" in the mainstream. Their music isn't really suitable for radio play, with the exception of a few songs (such as Madness). They shine brightest in their craziest songs, whereas Imagine Dragons makes music that's radio-friendly and unique/experimental at the same time.

Head Empty
9 minutes ago, youandi said:

Part of me wants to still love them. I loved their first album at the time, didn't really click with their second and then I fairly enjoyed the third but I don't think it was a good as their debut. Wasn't a fan of their last one, be interested to see what they do next 

Although I love songs from all of their albums, I have to agree that Night Visions is still by far my favorite album. Especially on their last two albums, I really miss hearing actual guitars :laughga:

I'm really curious to see where the next album will take them. Everything after Night Visions was created pretty quickly while also doing promotion and tours, but right now it seems like they've given themselves some more time for the next one.

And we have to take into account that Dan (who writes most of the lyrics by himself) has changed a lot over the years. His early work was mostly 'inspired' by his depression, while a lot of his later work is based on his marriage and fatherhood.

I personally hope that the next album is also politically charged, due to Dan's background in activism and his pretty clear stance against Trump :enigma:

CatelynnMarie

One of my fave bands. They don't deserve the hate they get amongst the alternative/ rock community. 

Head Empty
11 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I love this whole album so much

Reveal hidden contents

besides 2 songs, but anyways

From Evolve, the most underrated song imo is I'll Make It Up To You

It's so calming and the meaning behind it is so sweet and captivating :giveup:

It's amazing live and I'm glad I was able to witness it

In terms of their whole discography, I think their most underrated songs are between these 5:

'I'll Make It Up To You' and 'Start Over' are literally my only skips on Evolve :bear: :ladyhaha:. But I guess we can already agree that our tastes don't align :huntyga:

That said, 'Cool Out' and 'Nothing Left To Say' are top tier. I'm pretty sure I already said this to you once before, but the intro for NLTS (at 0:18)  fits so perfectly with the intro of Marry The Night (I'm gonna marry the niiiiiight) :giveup:. I've always sort of seen those songs as brother and sister.

Archived