🔥 HEAD RUSH 🔥 HEAT SPELL 🔥

Our latest 💌 monthly fan mail 💌 includes a Chromatica pop socket, 2 glow-in-the-dark wristbands, a sticker set, and a set of art cards. Hurry up!
Sign in to follow this  
science

Super-quick saliva test for COVID-19 trialed by Israeli hospital

FfFfFfFF

A newly developed saliva test aims to determine in less than a second whether or not you are infected with the novel coronavirus, Israel’s largest medical center said on Thursday.

Patients rinse their mouth with a saline wash and spit into a vial. This is then examined by a small spectral device that, in simple terms, shines light on the specimen and analyses the reaction to see if it is consistent with COVID-19.

“So far we have very promising results in this new method which will be much more convenient and much cheaper,” he said.

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

EuphoricVibez

That definitely seems much better than having a swab pushed up your nose :firega:

He/him/his
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mister G
1 minute ago, EuphoricVibez said:

That definitely seems much better than having a swab pushed up your nose :firega:

We have saliva based testing already—cotton swab inside your mouth and gums. Some people are skeptical and think it produces more false negatives. This one here sounds like a super enhanced version though. 

• Like 2

EuphoricVibez
Just now, Mister G said:

We have saliva based testing already—cotton swab inside your mouth and gums. Some people are skeptical and think it produces more false negatives. This one here sounds like a super enhanced version though. 

That part I didn't know. Well, either of those two options are fine with me

He/him/his
  • Like 1

GregJA

My province was trying to create this. Wonder if they will ever advance past the old style brain swab that exists now lol 

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

Mindblown
59 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

At least I had some sort of penetration in my life. 

• LMAO 2
  • Thanks 1