Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

High by The Beach MV turns 5 years old

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

lanadelhighbeach750.jpg

On this day, 5 years ago Lana Del Rey released the music video for her song High By The Beach.

According to Wikipedia, the video is primarily shot in a hand-held camera technique with very little editing or cuts. The video begins with Del Rey wearing a low-cut white sundress over a black bra and a sea glass blue robe entering a beach house as a helicopter hovers above her. After entering the house, the camera follows Del Rey from behind as she walks upstairs, posing in front of a mirror and collapsing on her bed, randomly rolling on it.  Del Rey then runs outside onto the beach and pulls out a guitar case from beneath a pile of rocks. When she returns to the balcony, she opens the case and removes a large firearm from it. She turns toward the photographer and fires the gun at the helicopter, destroying it and the photographer.

As of August 2020, the video amasssed a total of 115 M views.

A synth-led, trap-inspired indie pop song, High By The Beach was one of the last songs made for Honeymoon and served as the album's lead single.

Lanadelreycapa.jpg

Pics from the set, shot by Lana's sister Chuck:

latest?cb=20170708053652

latest?cb=20170302075322

What is your opinion on the song, video or album :lana:? Do you think it was a good choice for a lead single? Do you remeber it actually being released?

Bubblegum Bitch

This is when my love for Lana began. :enigma: I love the song and I like the idea of this music video. :heart:

Alvaro Moreno Ullrich

I remember watching this video in the morining and then going out for college and I got my phone stolen on the bus. Thanks lana for the perfect timing

Gracious Gaga

the music video was great! the song was boring imo :( 

♥ Kindness Police.

QueenOfSaigon

Still not sure if that paparazzi in the helicopter was her ex. You know, he whose name shall not be spoken :udidnt:

Bubblegum Bitch
20 minutes ago, QueenOfSaigon said:

Still not sure if that paparazzi in the helicopter was her ex.

Oh, so it's her Perfect Illusion. :poot:

I remember when it was released I was playing it in the car with my mom and she was like “what happened to her? This is so vulgar” :messga:

Archived