💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The New Mutants on theaters starting August 28th

IllusionLover

Featured Posts

IllusionLover

Well they will finally release the film starting on August 28th wherever the hell theaters are open

Yikes 😬😬😬

"The New Mutants, the last Fox X-Men adaptation before Disney took control of the studio, has missed more release dates than we can remember at this point (the first scheduled release date was way back in April 2018) but Disney swears that the movie is coming out in just two weeks and even has new IMAX artwork to prove it. “August 28.” It says it right there on the artwork (it’s not technically a poster). So you know it must be true."

https://www.collider.com/new-mutants-imax-poster-release-date/%3famp

I guess they're just tired of keep delaying this and literally said f*ck it, honestly I don't know who's actually gonna see this since almost all theaters around the world are closed, probably just New Zealand and some other country low on Covid-19 cases where people can go to theaters. Honestly I would've taken a Disney+ or On-Demand release.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Anderson123

Damn this is really bad. I'm a big fan of the X Men franchise and horror movies so I've been excited for this film since it was announced. Sad to see how many times it's been postponed, could've had a little momentum had they given it the original release date but the whole Disney/20th Century Fox deal was so messy they had to move everything AND cancel Gambit which is my favorite character.

Reality

It annoys me how much this movie has been postponed. They should just do what they did with Mulan, but for a lower price. 

🖤👹

HeavyMetalLover

Coming soon to on demand. No one is going/going to be able to see this.

i don't remember ARTPOP

IllusionLover
5 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Agreed, probably another 30 dollar extra on Disney+

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

jackoajl

I think Disney is trying to sabotage this release, and what a perfect time than now when almost all theaters in the world are close.

My new single #Tregua available on your favorite streaming service

Mister G

Thanks but no thanks. As much as I love anything X-Men related (the movies are meh to some degree) this is a very hard pass. Delay after delay and now with a pandemic, good luck getting any type of decent results. My state still in Phase 2 and theaters are part of Phase 3...which we have no idea when that’ll happen at this point. I feel bad because I wanted to give this a chance but...I don’t know...

Mister G
5 minutes ago, MonsterJay said:

How many times has this been postponed!?

“The New Mutants is scheduled to be released in the United States on August 28, 2020. It was originally set to be released on April 13, 2018, before being delayed to February 22, 2019, to avoid Deadpool 2, and then to August 2, 2019, to avoid Dark Phoenix. It was delayed to April 3, 2020, by Disney after that studio acquired Fox, and then removed from Disney's schedule in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Disney rescheduled the film for August 28, 2020 two months later.”

Did they already reveal in what countries they are gonna release it? Cause I don't think Brazil is quite ready for that :bear: 

Soo they are basically getting rid of the movie lmao sad to see this happening. I was excited about it when it was first announced.

Kindness rules all.

RAMROD
1 hour ago, jackoajl said:

I think Disney is trying to sabotage this release, and what a perfect time than now when almost all theaters in the world are close.

Fam, this movie have no more hype left to begin with. It's Fox fault not to release this and all their other entities before the merge. Don't blame Disney for it.

1 hour ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

1 hour ago, IllusionLover said:

Agreed, probably another 30 dollar extra on Disney+

It won't.

20th Century Fox had existing cable rights deals in place for some of their titles at the time Disney acquired Fox, which precludes The New Mutants from being shifted to Disney-owned streaming platforms. This means all Fox films released for the next two years must premiere on the HBO Now/HBO Go streaming service. And obviously Disney not gonna do that.

Also, (cc: @Poker) according to Variety, Disney is contractually obligated to theatrically release all finished movies, or films in post-production, that were part of Fox’s schedule at the time of the the acquisition.

Seemingly the only way for Disney to move The New Mutants to streaming at this point, per Collider, is for Josh Boone and the cast to "amend their contracts and sign off on a new deal" and for Disney to also somehow renegotiate Fox's HBO contract. Is it achievable? Probably. Is it worth the hassle? Well, that's for Disney to decide. It's a lot of work for an offbeat X-film that fans are eager to see that's also, basically, the bookend of a dead, fizzled franchise.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

HeavyMetalLover
4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Fam, this movie have no more hype left to begin with. It's Fox fault not to release this and all their other entities before the merge. Don't blame Disney for it.

It won't.

20th Century Fox had existing cable rights deals in place for some of their titles at the time Disney acquired Fox, which precludes The New Mutants from being shifted to Disney-owned streaming platforms. This means all Fox films released for the next two years must premiere on the HBO Now/HBO Go streaming service. And obviously Disney not gonna do that.

Also, (cc: @Poker) according to Variety, Disney is contractually obligated to theatrically release all finished movies, or films in post-production, that were part of Fox’s schedule at the time of the the acquisition.

Seemingly the only way for Disney to move The New Mutants to streaming at this point, per Collider, is for Josh Boone and the cast to "amend their contracts and sign off on a new deal" and for Disney to also somehow renegotiate Fox's HBO contract. Is it achievable? Probably. Is it worth the hassle? Well, that's for Disney to decide. It's a lot of work for an offbeat X-film that fans are eager to see that's also, basically, the bookend of a dead, fizzled franchise.

So what’s the minimum length this movie needs to run in theaters for? I can’t see it doing well no matter what - is it possible they’d just pull it as soon as they’re able?

i don't remember ARTPOP

RAMROD
9 minutes ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

So what’s the minimum length this movie needs to run in theaters for? I can’t see it doing well no matter what - is it possible they’d just pull it as soon as they’re able?

No reports on that. However, it is a product before corona happen, so it is likely contractually sticking to typical 3 months theatrical window before it can move to ancillary market.

I don't think it will move to streaming after that, cos Disney not gonna give this and all ancillary profits to their competitor, HBO Max. Unless something legally been settled. It could be years before fans can see this on streaming, the Disney Plus. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

HeavyMetalLover
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

No reports on that. However, it is a product before corona happen, so it is likely contractually sticking to typical 3 months theatrical window before it can move to ancillary market.

I don't think it will move to streaming after that, cos Disney not gonna give this and all ancillary profits to their competitor, HBO Max. Unless something legally been settled. It could be years before fans can see this on streaming, the Disney Plus. 

Got it. Thanks for explaining. I swear this movie is cursed.

What a nightmare. :saladga:

i don't remember ARTPOP

Archived