Jump to content
music news

More details regarding "A Holly Dolly Christmas"


rumours

Featured Posts

Miss Dolly
14 minutes ago, rumours said:

Well she has been expressing interest in doing more “Faith-based” stuff for a while now. So, I wouldn’t be totally surprised if that is the track the next album takes. 
 

But to be frank, I hope it isn’t. :huntyga:

I would really be into another album that is sonically similar to Little Sparrow, Halos&Horns, or Hungry Again. 

I am praying it’s not a faith based album or like God & Country. 
Imagine a complete U Turn and release a dance album she has always spoke about 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
rumours
21 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

I am praying it’s not a faith based album or like God & Country. 
Imagine a complete U Turn and release a dance album she has always spoke about 

Yeah, I'm hoping it isn't faith-based or like God & Country either. Honestly, I think God & Country was a one-time thing... I don't think she'll do that again. I do think a faith-based album is pretty likely to happen at some point. In terms of the dance album, I must admit that I have some trepidation. It would either be really wonderful or a disaster :laughga:.

I wouldn't mind her working with Linda Perry again though. I enjoyed the Dumplin' soundtrack sonically and the newer songs like Red Shoes. I think a good album could come from that collab again. Also, I know Jack White wants to work with her, so I'd love for her let him produce an album of hers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Dolly
13 minutes ago, rumours said:

Yeah, I'm hoping it isn't faith-based or like God & Country either. Honestly, I think God & Country was a one-time thing... I don't think she'll do that again. I do think a faith-based album is pretty likely to happen at some point. In terms of the dance album, I must admit that I have some trepidation. It would either be really wonderful or a disaster :laughga:.

I wouldn't mind her working with Linda Perry again though. I enjoyed the Dumplin' soundtrack sonically and the newer songs like Red Shoes. I think a good album could come from that collab again. Also, I know Jack White wants to work with her, so I'd love for her let him produce an album of hers.

A dance album would be wonderful as long as she works with the right people. An album like Heartbreaker would be a welcome. A more updated version mind you. I would like a Linda Perry produced album again. I have no idea about Jack White and the type of music he does 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
Link to post
Share on other sites
rumours
7 minutes ago, Miss Dolly said:

A dance album would be wonderful as long as she works with the right people. An album like Heartbreaker would be a welcome. A more updated version mind you. I would like a Linda Perry produced album again. I have no idea about Jack White and the type of music he does 

Yeah, I agree that the key will be working with the right people for a dance album.

Jack White was part of the White Stripes. They did a cover of Jolene on tour:

He produced Loretta Lynn's album "Van Lear Rose" back in 2004, which was critically acclaimed. He's expressed interest in working with Dolly in the past, and I'd be here for it tbh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Dolly
7 minutes ago, rumours said:

Yeah, I agree that the key will be working with the right people for a dance album.

Jack White was part of the White Stripes. They did a cover of Jolene on tour:

He produced Loretta Lynn's album "Van Lear Rose" back in 2004, which was critically acclaimed. He's expressed interest in working with Dolly in the past, and I'd be here for it tbh.

Imagine a Dolly rock album similar to the White Stripes music. The slayage 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • YAAAS 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...