đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Avatar: The Last Airbender Creators Leave Netflix Live-Action Series

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

shoful

Ugh so ridiculous!!! I was really hoping this would work out so that they could be inspired to make a 3rd series! 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Galvon

I'm really curious what actually made them leave this project. Netflix can't make it worse than the 2010 movie, because everyone knows the fans hate that movie. I'm scared now. Please, please let it be good.

5 minutes ago, Galvon said:

I'm really curious what actually made them leave this project. Netflix can't make it worse than the 2010 movie, because everyone knows the fans hate that movie. I'm scared now. Please, please let it be good.

Well if even the creators of the show say that Netflix was not listening to them and doing its own thing... :huntyga:

Galvon
18 minutes ago, Eido said:

Well if even the creators of the show say that Netflix was not listening to them and doing its own thing... :huntyga:

Well we don't know for sure. The casting could still be good, but maybe they wanna change the story too much. They (should) know what the fans like and what they don't like..... I hope they care about that. I mean this project would not even exist if it wasn't such a loved series.

39 minutes ago, Galvon said:

Well we don't know for sure. The casting could still be good, but maybe they wanna change the story too much. They (should) know what the fans like and what they don't like..... I hope they care about that. I mean this project would not even exist if it wasn't such a loved series.

We'll see but I understand the creators, I wouldn't like to be promised something and then during production there's no follow up. Also, production was supposed to start in 2019, still nothing sooo :selena:

JustTea
40 minutes ago, Eido said:

We'll see but I understand the creators, I wouldn't like to be promised something and then during production there's no follow up. Also, production was supposed to start in 2019, still nothing sooo :selena:

Production started 2 years ago right? They definitely had casting done before they left. But let's be honest, it can't be worse than the 2010 movie... :billie:

ShayCristoforo

Oh no. Another terrible attempt incoming. Sigh...

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Galvon
15 minutes ago, Eido said:

True, this production seems very messy so far, and they can't even really blame it on corona. But tbf I believe this kind of remake might be more chalanging than most Disney remakes. Even more when you know nobody liked the first live-action adaption. Like, they have very big shoes to fill, 

But I yes understand the creators decission too. Not only because of the failed promisses, but if they know it's gonna be bad and they have no control, it's better to leave. Like you don't want to be associated with something you don't stand for.

heavymlover

This is really dissapointing, to be honest. I hope they learned something from the movie adaptation.

This is kind of odd to me. Netflix is known for being very open and welcoming to the creator's creative process. Maybe these guys were just triggered by their previous experience and they wouldn't let Netflix make any changes at all :shrug: Which, to be fair, is sometimes necessary as animation doesn't fully translate to live-action without a couple of changes here and there.

Hopefully they'll find a way to make it work, or even to sit down and come up with a solution so they can be included in the series, like Disney+ did with Lizzie McGuire creator. Otherwise, the project is already tainted.

CyanLights
20 hours ago, Chromatography said:

please have mercy :huntyga:

We’ll think about it :oprah:

14 minutes ago, JustTea said:

Production started 2 years ago right? They definitely had casting done before they left. But let's be honest, it can't be worse than the 2010 movie... :billie:

Pré production was almost finished when they announced it. Production and shooting were supposed to happen in 2019. There are even some shooting tests on the internet 

As for if it can be worse... Not really but I think Netflix is trying to fit the story to maybe be more inclusive and change storylines and characters.  There are no real LGBTQ characters in ATLA, only Korra was openly bi and it was at the last minute of the last episode. Also if I remember correctly there are almost no blacks so they might change that. And while I can understand, the creators may not see it that way 

Head Empty

How is it that Hollywood continually chooses to ignore source material?

These creators know exactly what made the original show a succes. And they know what people would want to see from a remake - at least in terms of writing. Choosing to ignore their counsel almost seems synonymous to cutting corners, or knowingly sacrificing quality.

Archived