💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Smile Katy's Lover ?

flyaway

Featured Posts

flyaway

Smile, the fifth studio album by pop diva and pop megastar Katy Perry is already having a lot of buzz online. 

katy perry hello GIF

What makes this project so interesting is that she came from a difficult era (Witness, the most underrated album of all time) and that could be compared to the reputation era of Taylor Swift, the queen of pop. 

Is Smile Katy's emancipation just like Lover was for Taylor? 

thatfoxyfeeling
Just now, alicefromabove said:

already having a lot of buzz online. 

Where? :yennefer:

Daylight Jokers
3 minutes ago, alicefromabove said:

that could be compared to the reputation era of Taylor Swift, the queen of pop. 

:madge:

Also, the Reputation era was successful. Lover came after a successful era.

CantGetEnough

I don't see the comparison. I guess Reputation was a "flop" of sorts critically for Taylor (her fans truly don't understand the meaning of a flop, critically or commercially), but it remained a critically acclaimed work and sold in-line with other Taylor albums. Witness, however, was critically panned and had a rough roll-out. The sales were a huge dip from Katy's previous albums, as were the singles. 

Lover, in all reality, is pretty level to Reputation. Sure, it got more Grammy nominations, but it was similarly critically acclaimed and sold platinum quickly. I guess in that mindset Smile could be Lover: it'll do similar acclaim and numbers to Witness. 

I have nothing against Taylor or Katy, nor am I a huge fan of either. However, love her or hate her, Taylor has concise visions for her records. Katy used to, but Smile has such a messy and seemingly "thrown together" concept filled with songs that initially were just "feeler singles" mixed in with newer songs with different sounds. 

In regard to Katy, Witness at least had a solid concept and vision for the roll-out (ie. she likely had a tracklist when she began the era...can't say that about Smile). There were some really bright moments on that album mixed with some duds. I respect the concept and vision she had. Concept and vision are two things that I really scratch my head regarding Smile. 

Ryusei

:bear: what? 

Anyways stream smile once it's out, I feel like it has the potential to be a top 2 katy album (within her discography)

Musery

Lorde Von Kok

I'm afraid that if Smile flop as hard as Witness, Katy won't recover from this :billie:.

I'll still stream since I'm pretty excited to hear her bops during this time in her life.  

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

Sepsami

Where is the buzz tho? Smile can't even get 10m in a month :neyde: Sad because I REALLY want Katy to have success with this era :giveup:

Sneaky Oliver

There are so many lies, mistakes and misconceptions in the OP... v:billie:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

CannaeDrive

These kind of thread never fail to make my day, keep on giving GGD :yennefer:

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Archived