music news

Smile writing credits revealed

EuphoricVibez

Featured Posts

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TWICE on hatius

The BeyoncĂ© writer meme is dumb as ****. Can’t believe some of y’all still be entertained by it. But again, I can cause this is GGD :yennefer:

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

EuphoricVibez

Producers of "Smile":

1. Never Really Over - Zedd, Dreamlab

2. Cry About it Later - Oscar Holter

3. Teary Eyes - FRND, OzGo

4. Daisies - The Monsters & Strangerz, Gian Stone

5. Resilient - StarGate

6. Not the End of the World - ???

7. Smile - Josh Abraham, Oligee, G Koop

8. Champagne Problems - Ian Kirkpatrick

9. Tucked - Johan Carlsson

10. Harleys in Hawaii - Charlie Puth, Johan Carlsson

11. Only Love - ???

12. What Makes a Woman - Johan Carlsson

He/him/his

Ziggy
5 hours ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

It’s not like it took all that bunch of people to write the song, they give writing credits as acknowledging the contribution of that person to the track even for the tiniest suggestions. It could be a word, a different rhyme or a different flow. It doesn’t mean Katy or Gaga or whatever can’t write a whole song by themselves. 

Also because you don’t want to go the court years later when that one person claims he helped you to write the whole thing and now wants all the proceeds! 

And also how it works with crediting sampled songs which happens so often.

Gagaplayer315

Ok miss Zedd snapped with NRO. Her best song in YEARS opens the album :bradley:

Hurem
6 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Whenever I see this type of info, I always think about...

Beyonce-Vs.-Queen1.jpg

lol

This is so lame

EuphoricVibez
13 minutes ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

Ok miss Zedd snapped with NRO. Her best song in YEARS opens the album :bradley:

As it should!

He/him/his

EuphoricVibez

Apparently, Energy, and Save Me Some Tonight are speculated to be on Smile too :ally:

He/him/his

EuphoricVibez
1 hour ago, Taylucifer said:

Seems like a lot of writers to me:koons:

I'm sure some of them are from samples included in the album too

He/him/his

Anderson123
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Is no one going to talk about the fact that it's not obvious who these 3 collabs are going to be with seeing as the credits don't make it super obvious? My best guess is Cry About It Later feat. Sasha Sloan, Resiliant feat. Ferras and Champagne Problems feat. Carolina Liar. But it's not truly clear. Sasha is more of a songwriter, Ferras has been signed by Katy's label and wrote a song with her before but didn't feature on said song and is this Ian Kilpatrick going to be on his own or part of his band? If this is so, she's going for very obscure features, which I have to give her credit for as you'd think she'd want as many A-list names as she could to sell her songs...but at the same time, maybe a lot of the A-list don't want to work with her anymore?

I also noticed that none of the producers worked on more than 1 song so it feels like Katy wanted to try different stuff with each of them. It's going to be interesting to see how it all fits together in the end.

1 hour ago, Riley said:

So she doesn't work with Bonnie McKee anymore?

Just from looking at the credits of Prism and her previous albums, Bonnie McKee used to have credits on most of Dr. Luke's songs so now that Katy is not working with him, he might be gone along with his writing team, except for Max Martin who worked on Witness.

EuphoricVibez
7 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I also noticed that none of the producers worked on more than 1 song so it feels like Katy wanted to try different stuff with each of them. It's going to be interesting to see how it all fits together in the end.

It seems like Johan Carlsson is the only producer who's worked on multiple songs. The other ones worked on one song each

He/him/his

Anderson123
2 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

It seems like Johan Carlsson is the only producer who's worked on multiple songs. The other ones worked on one song each

I'm going to be very surprised if the new songs are better than what has been out for a while. I'm curious to hear Katy's new music and I've never been a fan of her but it's very weird to look at the writing credits and just see how simple it looks, the writers and so on. It feels like she was just casually writing a song here and there but wasn't really her priority and somehow ended up with 12 tracks and they decided to release them now. But I don't know, I feel like it's going to sound more mature so if it doesn't have songs like Birthday, Peacock, This Is How We Do, Roar, LFN and that type of cringey pop then it's good.

EuphoricVibez
1 hour ago, Anderson123 said:

I'm going to be very surprised if the new songs are better than what has been out for a while. I'm curious to hear Katy's new music and I've never been a fan of her but it's very weird to look at the writing credits and just see how simple it looks, the writers and so on. It feels like she was just casually writing a song here and there but wasn't really her priority and somehow ended up with 12 tracks and they decided to release them now. But I don't know, I feel like it's going to sound more mature so if it doesn't have songs like Birthday, Peacock, This Is How We Do, Roar, LFN and that type of cringey pop then it's good.

Well, I remember thinking she said that Smile is a collection of songs she's worked on over the past two years

He/him/his

RainingOnMe
7 hours ago, Riley said:

So she doesn't work with Bonnie McKee anymore?

You mean Bonnie doesn't write her hits anymore? Yup lol

high heeled fem
13 hours ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Whenever I see this type of info, I always think about...

Beyonce-Vs.-Queen1.jpg

lol

THANK YOU

also harley in hawaai and smile had that many writers 

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Archived