💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Have you ever gone to a concert just for the opening act?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

I was thinking about this topic this morning reflecting last year when I saw Carly Rae Jepsen with my bestie of 6 years. Mansionair opened and my friend is a Mansionair fan and has even been to a concert of theirs before. She really wanted to come because I was moving in a month and we had always wanted to go to a concert together but our music tastes are so different but this is one that was perfect. She was so excited for them to come on and then once Carly came and everyone stood up she only stood up for the first 3 songs and then got on her phone (and we were in the 2nd row :huntyga:). We had a fantastic time but it got me thinking has anyone here ever gone to a concert for the supporting act or opening act only and either didn't stand up or enjoy the main artist or legit left. I am so curious about this one!

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei

nnn no actually. I wanted to see Ella Mai and Social House opening for Ariana but by the time we got in, they both had basically finished (Ella had one song left lol) and I only saw Ariana :ladyhaha:  

Musery

calmar

I haven't, but I have to say Nile Rogers & Chic were just as good as if not better than Cher, imo.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Pop Music
18 minutes ago, calmar said:

I haven't, but I have to say Nile Rogers & Chic were just as good as if not better than Cher, imo.

I remember going to a see Marina and Christine and the queens and the mom of the friend I was going with said they were equally good and I was like wtf :sharon:

I do like Christine and The Queens now but like not as much as Marina 

Sepsami

Yeah I wanted to see Lady Startlight so badly in 2013 that I went to some fad's concert and it was such a drag omg

tenor.gif?itemid=12486918

SeIena Gomez
2 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Yeah I wanted to see Lady Startlight so badly in 2013 that I went to some fad's concert and it was such a drag omg

tenor.gif?itemid=12486918

The way this literally made me CHOKE on a cherry pit 

Choking Season 8 GIF by Stacy Rizzetta, Senior Editorial Director

numb the flame

no, however I stan an artist who mostly opens for other people in Europe but does headlining gigs in the USA. So if she came to Europe again, yeah I'd go just to see her

Head Empty

Not really. But there have been plenty of times at festivals where the "sub headliner" of any given day was 1000x more exciting than the actual headliner.

In most recent memory that would be Rock Werchter 2019, where The Cure + Tool were co-headlining. Instead me and my friends went to see Kylie Minogue at a smaller stage and then just went home :ally:

Pop Music
1 minute ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Instead me and my friends went to see Kylie Minogue at a smaller stage and then just went home :ally:

omg TASTE 

after Kylie like what else do you need to even see at the festival like seriously 

Head Empty
4 minutes ago, Pop Music said:

omg TASTE 

after Kylie like what else do you need to even see at the festival like seriously 

I was lucky that Kylie was scheduled on that day though. I can't imagine how hard it would've been to choose if she had coincided with Muse or P!nk (two of the other headliners) :giveup:.

I wasn’t gonna bother seeing Marina end of last year but then Allie X was announced as an opener and it was her first gig in the country:giveup: 

glad I went I got a photo with her at the merch stand :kiss:

Archived