celeb

Rita Ora gets blackfishing accusations

holy scheisse

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

So u call that a tan?

677683931_700.jpg

Let's not be biased. It's blackface 

It’s not blackface. They’re mimicking a white woman who has tanned way too much in her life and ruined her skin. It’s the aesthetic of the shoot. On top of that, when this was done - they had every intention of contrasting the final pictures and making her super orange to fit with the colors of the shoot. Y’all really have to stop pushing this blackface narrative.

i guess Tan Mom was doing black face all this time too 🙄 pls 

WHNQTVlPNTduOGt0cHEzTGxDZHMuanBn.jpg

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

Rita Ora isn’t black...

Bjork isn’t Asian...

This thread is sending me into a tailspin omllll

DelusionalGaga

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the accusations but I guess I'm a little surprised that people are just finding out about this. I still remember those conversations back in like 2012 or something. I though it was known at this point that she's no POC. 

StarstruckIllusion
35 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

So u call that a tan?

677683931_700.jpg

you: “Lets not be biased”

also you: *pushes on her the worst possible interpretation of this photo*

she’s no even pretending to be a black character either. that’s what separates the racist shows from the past, from a brown colored acne mask. no words 😶 

chromaticainmyhead

If Rita Ora was an ordinary woman who just follows her ordinary job and show up with these looks you can still argue that she simply wasn‘t aware. But Rita Ora is a public figure. There is a PR team behind her, there are people who are actively working to make her image work in the public so that her music stays relevant and she can earn money. That‘s the problem. Any public appearance is constructed so that she gets attention and, at the end of the day, money. There is no doubt her team wasn‘t aware, or at least she herself must have consciously hidden the fact that she simply has no black heritage in front the people who are determining who her target audience is and what looks she can work which means she was consent of approbriating Black culture every time she was offered to using specific styles in make-up, hair, costumes, music etc.

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

ZiggyZiggs
53 minutes ago, 776673564747836765 said:

so Rihanna did it too, Beyonce did whiteface and a lot of other celebs. Should they say sorry too for using body makeup?
this is just makeup and nothing about race. Why people are so offensive about it nowdays?
blackface-rihanna-youtube.jpg

beyonce-black-is-king-7.jpg

rihanna IS black wtf

loooool first of all 'whiteface' isnt really a thing, second of all even if there's a definition for it like there's a definition for absolutely everything, there is NOTHING dehumanizing or racist about 'whiteface' pls read up on some history and educate yourself

SeIena Gomez
1 hour ago, KanyeWest said:

So u call that a tan?

677683931_700.jpg

Definition of blackface:

BLACKFACE

noun

black·face | \ ˈblak-ˌfās  \

Definition of blackface

: dark makeup worn (as by a performer in a minstrel show) in a caricature of the appearance of a black person

fake tan is not makeup 

and usually blackface is used to make fun OF black people. No where in the article were black people even made fun of or even mentioned if I recall.

also to people saying Gaga should be cancelled or this will come back to her are clearly living under a rock because this constantly comes back to her when she does anything. Super bowl announcement, Oscar win etc. We all know Gaga wouldn’t do this now so what is the point in bringing up these receipts :rip:

SeIena Gomez
6 minutes ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

rihanna IS black wtf

loooool first of all 'whiteface' isnt really a thing, second of all even if there's a definition for it like there's a definition for absolutely everything, there is NOTHING dehumanizing or racist about 'whiteface' pls read up on some history and educate yourself

Dressing up as any race isn’t okay at all :rip: there shouldn’t be any picking and choosing - we need to move on and acknowledge any skin painting, whether it’s black, white or yellow etc. isn’t okay and shouldn’t be done at all

Lona Delery

when will people realize south-europeans can be pretty dark-skinned, especially after tanning

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Economy
6 minutes ago, SeIena Gomez said:

Definition of blackface:

BLACKFACE

noun

black·face | \ ˈblak-ˌfās  \

Definition of blackface

: dark makeup worn (as by a performer in a minstrel show) in a caricature of the appearance of a black person

fake tan is not makeup 

and usually blackface is used to make fun OF black people. No where in the article were black people even made fun of or even mentioned if I recall.

also to people saying Gaga should be cancelled or this will come back to her are clearly living under a rock because this constantly comes back to her when she does anything. Super bowl announcement, Oscar win etc. We all know Gaga wouldn’t do this now so what is the point in bringing up these receipts :rip:

Not saying Gaga fake tanning is black face but on that bolded part... Ppl don't only consider it bad if it's making fun of a black person

If someone were to dress up for Halloween as a black person and made their skin darker, that too would rub people the wrong way

So I don't think intent even matters

RenegAde
1 hour ago, 776673564747836765 said:

so Rihanna did it too, Beyonce did whiteface and a lot of other celebs. Should they say sorry too for using body makeup?
this is just makeup and nothing about race. Why people are so offensive about it nowdays?
blackface-rihanna-youtube.jpg

beyonce-black-is-king-7.jpg

White face?:wtfga:

Painting the body with white chalk is a tradition common to many African tribes .

SeIena Gomez
2 minutes ago, Economy said:

Not saying Gaga fake tanning is black face but on that bolded part... Ppl don't only consider it bad if it's making fun of a black person

If someone were to dress up for Halloween as a black person and made their skin darker, that too would rub people the wrong way

So I don't think intent even matters

No no I agree - that’s why I put usually. We all know it’s not blackface it’s just ignorant because it’s like everyone at the photo shoot didn’t realise what it could be misinterpreted as

just interesting to see Gaga is always the one with the backlash and not the photographer or stylist 

Lord Temptation
2 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

So u call that a tan?

677683931_700.jpg

But you’re the one being biased. Gaga was trying to mimic a spaced out Jersey Shore airhead, mouth wide open and all. She had just released an album parodying fame called the The Fame.

Don’t you remember the late 2000s when every reality TV starlet was getting spray tanned? 

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived