Featured Posts

oldPoverty
6 minutes ago, Daylight Jokers said:

that's cuz 5 hours ago, no one knew she wasn't actually black. :cyanlights:

False. I never once thought she was black.  So did many other people 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do people realize that there are “white” people with features that are not 100% Caucasian?

My sister has very brown skin (especially when it’s summer time) and curls, she could easily pass as a light skin girl, even though both of our parents are white 🤷🏼‍♂️ Now what, will she get black fishing accusations?!

SeIena Gomez
3 hours ago, The Fame Monster said:

akkRGzR9VbeJPClEHYiC28q9-Yrw4lvJtVvCHVFf677683931_700.jpg

Gaga says hello. 

This isn’t blackfishing it’s literally just ignorant :rip:

SMILE2NE1

It appears sitting on Twitter and finding any reason to be offended is the preferred coping mechanism for many as opposed to doing something with their life/creating real change to assist the truly disenfranchised :billie:

People in here are not getting the point at all. Someone come lock this up for before it becomes more of a mess chile. GGD is never ready for these conversations. 

Versace

Am I the only one who knew she was albanian? 

She lowkey brings it up in most of her interviews 

yes and

Gaga had the same ''blackfishing'' during ARTPOP/С2С eras. So surprising that she was not yet cancelled for that :yennefer:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Musicisfreedom
1 hour ago, lestyoufall said:

No one I went to school with that was black was told they couldn’t wear their hair a certain way. In fact, school officials never even commented on their hair. Not sure about your other claims but this I don’t believe. Never in all my school years seen or heard of this happening from any black friends. They wore their hair in braids, no braids, up dos, etc. I don’t think it’s fair to bash on people who wear braids & say it’s cultural appropriation especially when they aren’t claiming it’s their culture? Anyone can wear anything they want. Rita Ora wasn’t making money off wearing braids? She wasn’t saying “this is my culture” it’s literally everyone else now projecting it onto her because they just found out she’s white. She’s done nothing wrong. It’s not her fault y’all didn’t know she was white? Like what in the world.

How old are you? Because the hair thing in schools and workplace has been going on for many many years and has gotten better over time. But this is a real thing.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Andreu
6 minutes ago, Versace said:

Am I the only one who knew she was albanian? 

She lowkey brings it up in most of her interviews 

Shes been saying shes from the balkans since the very beginning tbh

Spoiler

Not her fault people didnt care or dont know where her country is on a map :billie:

this being said, you can argue she used this ambiguity of her looks to her benefit, thats true. But one thing is to look ambiguous ethnically and the other is to pretend youre from somewhere else.

Bella Goth
1 hour ago, lestyoufall said:

Yes, let’s discredit people’s art based on their skin color. Isn’t that, what’s the word... RACIST?! How are you going to discredit Rita Ora’s music by saying it’s black artistry? She sings pop music, sure she has influences but she is singing. Since when did singing become labeled as “black artistry?”

lmao chill, im not following both artist and her craft, so its kinda surprise me knowing shes not a poc because as i remember shes giving me black/poc artist vibe (fashion, looks etc and its a positive way) and i did not discedit her art by skin color, as i said before im not saying shes bad or anything, even good as far as i know, its because im not following her stuff, and kinda surprise shes not poc (since people telling shes always open about her roots and i never know since im not following her stuff) 

6 hours ago, holy scheisse said:

"People are just realizing that both of Rita Ora's parents are white, and now she's being accused of 'blackfishing'

That's just stupid. Many indians think I'm indian when I go out to their restaurant or jus walk by, they start talking to me in their language or asking me if I'm from Bombay or New Delhi etc Is it my fault that they think i'm indian? Am I trying to change my race? Is Rita Ora responsible for looking ethnically ambiguous? Because to me she doesnt seem like she tried to go for a certain look unlike the Kardashians do all the time or that Bhad Barbie girl 

6 hours ago, GagaSine said:

Also I would just like people to consider the fact that in the US hair styles that are traditionally associated with black people are often banned from schools and workplaces, considered unprofessional and dirty.

Rita is an English singer. She doesn't have to deal with the american separatism and racism. I understand there's an obsession with it because it seems to be a bigger issue than the other countries in the world (racism is everywhere not denying that). But if only americans say she's blackfishing while the rest of the world is scratching their heads....hmmm

5 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Justin Bieber has been appropriating black culture for years. No one bats an eye. 

Because he made a few rnb songs? I'm confused 

3 hours ago, Babel said:

She looks like a extremely tanned housewife  of Beverly Hills, not a black person. 

So u call that a tan?

677683931_700.jpg

Let's not be biased. It's blackface 

Teletubby
43 minutes ago, KanyeWest said:

So u call that a tan?

677683931_700.jpg

Let's not be biased. It's blackface 

so Rihanna did it too, Beyonce did whiteface and a lot of other celebs. Should they say sorry too for using body makeup?
this is just makeup and nothing about race. Why people are so offensive about it nowdays?
blackface-rihanna-youtube.jpg

beyonce-black-is-king-7.jpg

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived