Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rita Ora gets blackfishing accusations

holy scheisse

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Doot said:

Why is that?

Just curious. 

Society usually thinks certain people are Black based on color and appearance. As Black people, we do  a silent but accurate observation to verify if someone is Black or shares our ethnic background. 

In the case of Rita Ora, we been knew she was NOT Black. She just another girl that wear darker makeup and loves Black culture. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
3 hours ago, Runway said:

So she's white but her label tried to sell her as a wannabe rihanna in the US. Laughable :billie:

Yeah it's weird. Especially since her album  is a traditional pop album. It's not even RnB. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere

Yeah sure. A girl that from day one said she's originally from Kosovo is blackfishing. If you're too lazy to listen to interviews, that's on you. She never lied about her heritage. And what kind of sh!t is that, that you would rather listen to her music if you assume she is black. Music is music. Like it or not. Simple. 

JusKeepBreathin
29 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Society usually thinks certain people are Black based on color and appearance. As Black people, we do  a silent but accurate observation to verify if someone is Black or shares our ethnic background. 

In the case of Rita Ora, we been knew she was NOT Black. She just another girl that wear darker makeup and loves Black culture. 

I'm confused as to why you seem to think ALL black people knew she wasn't black or half black because...

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Wolf Boy

She hasn’t been secretive about her heritage, so i’m not sure why everyone is outraged now all of a sudden. Guess it’s a slow news day.

Bella Goth

the moment when she collab with iggy i was "here we go again a white and black artist collab,but now the white chick is rapping" and turns out they are all white with black artistry lmao

Benji

She’s been very open about being Albanian.  Y’all just don’t listen.

2 hours ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

DQRlWR_VAAApa2U.jpg:large

Why wouldn't we? Can you tell who is black and who is white in this picture? She has exotic features. 

I can’t even tell you who is Rita Ora in this pic :’)

beaublue
5 hours ago, GagaSine said:

Also I would just like people to consider the fact that in the US hair styles that are traditionally associated with black people are often banned from schools and workplaces, considered unprofessional and dirty. That’s why it’s a problem. A white woman wears it for fashion while it is literally a part of black history and culture and if a black person showed up to school/work with their natural hair or a traditional style they would be asked to leave.

Until the playing field is levelled it will still be considered controversial.

No one I went to school with that was black was told they couldn’t wear their hair a certain way. In fact, school officials never even commented on their hair. Not sure about your other claims but this I don’t believe. Never in all my school years seen or heard of this happening from any black friends. They wore their hair in braids, no braids, up dos, etc. I don’t think it’s fair to bash on people who wear braids & say it’s cultural appropriation especially when they aren’t claiming it’s their culture? Anyone can wear anything they want. Rita Ora wasn’t making money off wearing braids? She wasn’t saying “this is my culture” it’s literally everyone else now projecting it onto her because they just found out she’s white. She’s done nothing wrong. It’s not her fault y’all didn’t know she was white? Like what in the world.

beaublue
22 minutes ago, Bella Goth said:

the moment when she collab with iggy i was "here we go again a white and black artist collab,but now the white chick is rapping" and turns out they are all white with black artistry lmao

Yes, let’s discredit people’s art based on their skin color. Isn’t that, what’s the word... RACIST?! How are you going to discredit Rita Ora’s music by saying it’s black artistry? She sings pop music, sure she has influences but she is singing. Since when did singing become labeled as “black artistry?”

oldPoverty

I see plenty of yall being "angered" about it, but nobody ever spoke of it until 5 hours ago when this topic was created. I've noticed alot of people on here like to jump on the bandwagon when things like this come up, but nobody's ever mentioned it before. If everybody really felt this way, the site would have constant topics about it, instead of only popping up when it starts to gain traction on Twitter. Messy.:huntyga:

Daylight Jokers
3 minutes ago, oldPoverty said:

I see plenty of yall being "angered" about it, but nobody ever spoke of it until 5 hours ago when this topic was created. I've noticed alot of people on here like to jump on the bandwagon when things like this come up, but nobody's ever mentioned it before. If everybody really felt this way, the site would have constant topics about it, instead of only popping up when it starts to gain traction on Twitter. Messy.:huntyga:

that's cuz 5 hours ago, no one knew she wasn't actually black. :cyanlights:

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived