💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rita Ora gets blackfishing accusations

holy scheisse

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

I'm not sure why people come down so hard on women for this. 

Justin Bieber has been appropriating black culture for years. No one bats an eye. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MessyTop
47 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

I'm tired of these useless polemics... :koons:

Useless? Cultural appropriation and ethnic appropriation are not useless polemics, is systematic racism. 

hieronymus
3 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

Justin Bieber has been appropriating black culture for years. No one bats an eye. 

People have been for years, but no one cares.

Gracious Gaga
43 minutes ago, JusKeepBreathin said:

He never tried to look like or pass as a POC though.  

♥ Kindness Police.

Musicisfreedom

Most pop stars have done cultural appropriation in one way or another... Even tho I believe it definitely needs to be talked about, most of our idols would be cancelled if people cancelled over cultural appropriation.

Gaga even, has done cultural appropriation on many different instances. So has Madonna. Gwen Stefani is practically the queen of cultural appropriation. 

When does it start to become a problem where the artist is cancelled vs not? When is it too far? In the 90s and early 2000s practically everyone did it in one way or another.

But there is no doubt that white people have benefited from black (as well as other minorities) culture for decades. I hope one day this trend will completely die out 

Bitch I'm Madonna

JusKeepBreathin
43 minutes ago, Dukttapetoo said:

People have been for years, but no one cares.

That's what I meant. Sorry, I wasn't clear. Yes you find articles about JB, but it just disappears. There is no uproar. He goes right back to doing it.  No one cares when a cute white guy does it. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

PunkTheFunk
2 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Always thought she was mixed-race. Sometimes genes work in very strange ways... A bit like Björk, who has absolutely no known Asian or Inuit background.

Or Miranda Cosgrove who I thought was half Asian for the longest time

JusKeepBreathin
5 minutes ago, Twitter said:

The fact some of y’all thought she was Black or mixed. :ladyhaha:

DQRlWR_VAAApa2U.jpg:large

Why wouldn't we? Can you tell who is black and who is white in this picture? She has exotic features. 

I thought she was mixed very early in her career but then I found she was only white and was shocked but moved on.  It really goes to show you that blackness can be thrown on anybody and they can run with it. Black people need to stop claiming mixed people as black and stop allowing other races to claim them as black when they aren't.

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

DQRlWR_VAAApa2U.jpg:large

Why wouldn't we? Can you tell who is black and who is white in this picture?

Um YES! I’m Black and in the Black community this was discussed. For the most part we claim her as hispanic NOT Black. 

JusKeepBreathin
5 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Um YES! I’m Black and in the Black community this was discussed. For the most part we claim her as hispanic NOT Black. 

Well she isn't Hispanic either. laughs GIF

We don't claim her.

Just now, JusKeepBreathin said:

Well she isn't Hispanic either. laughs GIF

I knew that. We (Blacks) knew that.

What’s more hilarious is y’all thinking she is Black. :emma:

Babel
45 minutes ago, The Fame Monster said:

akkRGzR9VbeJPClEHYiC28q9-Yrw4lvJtVvCHVFf677683931_700.jpg

Gaga says hello. 

She looks like a extremely tanned housewife  of Beverly Hills, not a black person. 

• Glamourpuss locked this topic

Archived