Actually, Free Woman...

DC

Featured Posts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rasclautmangos
4 hours ago, Little99 said:

Because people here don't have idea which song is radio friendly. No one has it. 

The majority of GGD users also don't seem to like much of anything in the current top 20/30 outside of Gaga, Dua, and Taylor Swift music...... So what the GP thinks is a hit vs what GGD thinks is gp/radio friendly could be very different. 

Mister G
1 minute ago, rasclautmangos said:

The majority of GGD users also don't seem to like much of anything in the current top 20/30 outside of Gaga, Dua, and Taylor Swift music...... So what the GP thinks is a hit vs what GGD thinks is gp/radio friendly could be very different. 

iggy azalea s GIF

Reality

I definitely think that it gets too much hate. Free Woman is not the dogpile sh*t show of a song that a lot of people here make it out to be. It's fine. I certainly wouldn't say it's my favorite song on Chromatica, but it's certainly not the worst. For me, Free Woman is more of a middle-of-the-road song (compared to all the others on Chromatica). 

I will say, I do ultimately think that the dmeo was better. I know a lot of people are tired of hearing that, but that's just my own opinion. I like that the demo was more attuned with the 90s house influences that the album has going for it. That said, Free Woman is still a great song. It's definitely a more "chill" song, meaning that I just put it on as background music and I can just do whatever I want. I've actually done that a lot when I'm studying :sweat: 

🖤👹

rasclautmangos
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

I definitely think that it gets too much hate. Free Woman is not the dogpile sh*t show of a song that a lot of people here make it out to be. It's fine. I certainly wouldn't say it's my favorite song on Chromatica, but it's certainly not the worst. For me, Free Woman is more of a middle-of-the-road song (compared to all the others on Chromatica). 

I will say, I do ultimately think that the dmeo was better. I know a lot of people are tired of hearing that, but that's just my own opinion. I like that the demo was more attuned with the 90s house influences that the album has going for it. That said, Free Woman is still a great song. It's definitely a more "chill" song, meaning that I just put it on as background music and I can just whatever I want. I've actually done that a lot for studying :sweat: 

It's very few people that think its a dogpile sh*t show. There aren't even many people outright calling it bad/terrible either. Just that it's kind of basic and not single worthy. Obviously they/me could be very wrong. 

If it does get released as a single, I hope I'm wrong. It's not like I want to see any of Gaga's songs fail.

imitalian

Its a great song, one of my most played of Chromatica and it would have been perfect it wasnt for the generic drop:bye:

Reality
18 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

It's very few people that think its a dogpile sh*t show. There aren't even many people outright calling it bad/terrible either. Just that it's kind of basic and not single worthy. Obviously they/me could be very wrong. 

If it does get released as a single, I hope I'm wrong. It's not like I want to see any of Gaga's songs fail.

IDK, I've seen a lot of people here hate on the song. Look, I don't particularly think it's single worthy either, but I've definitely seen people unnecessarily hate and shade the song. 

🖤👹

GAGAXABO
On 8/11/2020 at 4:36 PM, ProjectJoanne said:

Because those were the main productions on both the final and demo versions :vegas:

According to your musical knowledge, I guess...😉

Monster in Scotland

HorusRa2

I feel like if the official version was the demo that I would think it's one of the best songs on the album but the final version isn't my cup of tea. 

HorusRa2
On 8/11/2020 at 11:23 AM, Mister G said:

People only obsess over the demo because of the bridge with the “I want to be free Forever Baby” part. You never hear anyone mention anything else about the demo aside from that one cut piece.

Actually I think the production is much more 90s house-y in the demo and the repeating, "I'm a free womaaaaaaaaaaan," parts are what I think sound better in the demo. I actually don't care for the, "I want to be free forever baby" part of the song. :yennefer:

Mostly I like the demo because it reminds me of something that a Haddaway song might sound like.

p.s. I have the same kind of situation with Rain on Me except I feel like I like both versions equally. I LOVE the second verse of Gaga's on that demo so much and wish there was a way to have it on the album version. But the demo is also a little too repetitive with the 'rain on me, rain on me, rain on me, etc' so the album version is better in that respect. 

I think it's fair to say that if you look at all the variations the songs turn into until the final version is selected there are things about one version that is better than the other etc and one may appeal to some people and another may appeal to the others. nothing wrong with that.  

Mister G
26 minutes ago, HorusRa2 said:

Actually I think the production is much more 90s house-y in the demo and the repeating, "I'm a free womaaaaaaaaaaan," parts are what I think sound better in the demo. I actually don't care for the, "I want to be free forever baby" part of the song. :yennefer:

Mostly I like the demo because it reminds me of something that a Haddaway song might sound like.

p.s. I have the same kind of situation with Rain on Me except I feel like I like both versions equally. I LOVE the second verse of Gaga's on that demo so much and wish there was a way to have it on the album version. But the demo is also a little too repetitive with the 'rain on me, rain on me, rain on me, etc' so the album version is better in that respect. 

I think it's fair to say that if you look at all the variations the songs turn into until the final version is selected there are things about one version that is better than the other etc and one may appeal to some people and another may appeal to the others. nothing wrong with that.  

Haddaway, DJ Bobo, La Bouche, Fun Factory, Captain Hollywood Project...I could ramble on about all the big Eurodance artists from the early 90’s.

In terms of Free Woman, the production is better in the demo I will acknowledge that. If the vocals from the album version and production from the demo were blended to make it as the final cut I think people would have found that to be a fairer compromise.

1 hour ago, GAGAXABO said:

According to your musical knowledge, I guess...😉

Wait wha?- No. That’s just fact :triggered:

ShayCristoforo

A lot of people love it. Some GGD users are so fixated on wanting another Dance In The Dark. Failing to see a nice, impactful, relevant, simple song with fun potential.  

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

djBuffoon

It's not my favorite, but I think it makes the most sense as a single. It's catchy, empowering, and, like any good Gaga song, you can bop to it but also read into the different layers.

HeavyMetalLover
On 8/11/2020 at 11:22 AM, HeavyMetalLover said:

This. I'm personally kind of over "but the demo" - like, you weren't supposed to hear that. A demo is irrelevant. :bear:

:huntyga:

Free Woman has become one of my favorites. It's amazing and such an uplifting track. :firega:

i don't remember ARTPOP

Archived