💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Actually, Free Woman...

DC

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

As many other fans I listened to the demo version first and I used to prefer it to the final version. But as time passed I got used to the new version and I find it really great. One of the best songs on the album. :hor: If you don't like it you probably didn't give it a fair chance and/ or rushed instead of letting it grow on you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the dust has settled, Free Woman is my favourite track from the album, not a standout because I think the album is great overall, but if pushed I would pick Free Woman.

I prefer the album version to the demo version. To me, the demo version sounds like what you would expect it to sound like, i.e. an unpolished version of the album track.

I think it could do well as a single. It's a catchy, uplifting feel-good song. It has a great message, a great title and I think Joe and Mary Public might like it, Mary especially.

LastNight

Love Free Woman! It has such a great vibe; it's catchy, it's fun, it makes you want to dance. The chorus was stuck in my head after one listen and it stayed there - it's one of the catchiest hooks on the album without question.

A lot of the hate stems from disappointment that it's different from the demo. I didn't listen to leaks after SL and I can promise you it's so much better that way; you don't get attached to unfinished versions (that we shouldn't have anyway) and you enjoy the final release more. I finally listened to the leak after the album was released and the demo is...not that good. It's all subjective of course, but for me the final version is far superior.

dynamite

I don't get people who say it's not radio friendly, it seems the most radio friendly song left...

Karen Smith
38 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I don't get people who say it's not radio friendly, it seems the most radio friendly song left...

Because people here don't have idea which song is radio friendly. No one has it. 

BABYL0N

I want it to have a one shot music video with women from all cultures dancing and vibing to the song in the same location as the one where she wears that blue dress that’s how I imagined the video since day one tbh

7 hours ago, GAGAXABO said:

I am wondering what ‘tropical pop’ or ‘deep house’ have to do with FW...

Because those were the main productions on both the final and demo versions :vegas:

LayneOnMe

Free Woman is a whole bop. Have a couple cocktails, turn the radio up loud, and just dance your heart out to it!!!!! 

we could belong together..

HeavyMetalLover

Yep. This song is one of my favorites now. It’s such a feel good song, up there with Stupid Love. I can’t imagine what dark ages mindset you must have to hate this. :huntyga:

i don't remember ARTPOP

The Edge Of Glory

The problem with Free Woman is the early leaked Demo, almost everyone that hates the song prefer the demo, with no reason, just because hear it before.

The final song is pure pop perfection and that's why comes after Stupid Love and Rain On Me on the tracklist.

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

HeavyMetalLover
9 minutes ago, Gui said:

The problem with Free Woman is the early leaked Demo, almost everyone that hates the song prefer the demo, with no reason, just because hear it before.

The final song is pure pop perfection and that's why comes after Stupid Love and Rain On Me on the tracklist.

This. I'm personally kind of over "but the demo" - like, you weren't supposed to hear that. A demo is irrelevant. :bear:

i don't remember ARTPOP

Mister G
1 minute ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

This. I'm personally kind of over "but the demo" - like, you weren't supposed to hear that. A demo is irrelevant. :bear:

People only obsess over the demo because of the bridge with the “I want to be free Forever Baby” part. You never hear anyone mention anything else about the demo aside from that one cut piece.

The Edge Of Glory
1 minute ago, HeavyMetalLover said:

Exactly, is pure bullshit drag the song because one unfinished demo that you weren't supposed to hear

I'm on the edge with you 🎶🎷

Archived