opinion

Actually, Free Woman...

DC

Featured Posts

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daylight Jokers

I love Free Woman. I don't care if it doesn't do as great as ROM/SL, I want a video for it.

It’s not a bad song and i wouldn’t put it in my least faves of the album. I just wish it didn’t turn so much from the demo. The demo is actual perfection 

ArtpopAct2

Demo was great

which made the final version feel weird and underwhelming to me. I naturally prefer deep house over tropical pop

however the final version has grown on me a lot. And while I miss the bridge and overall sound of the demo, the final builds up a powerful energy by the end that the demo never reached. The production has grown on me a bit too, it’s not fully tropical pop that I hate, and sounds very lush and dreamy. I love the echo effects in her voice.

Still think the song could be improved, but I also think that if the demo hadn’t leaked before, the reception to the song would be *drastically* less hateful.

Overall, I can see how people would be disappointed in it for being “basic,” however I don’t think there’s anything to hate about the song itself. Great melody, great vocals from Gaga, great and empowering lyrics.... it just sounds pleasant

Kapi09

flavor of love wtf GIF

Sorry but demo slaps so hard that is even difficult to compare those versions.
1. "I say that I want it, want it..." in second verse is a mess (doesn't match the song coz it is too slow)
2. First drop is one of the most outdated/basic fragment of a song that Gaga created
3. Lack of epic bridge
4. Why she replaced new line (electric devotion...) with repeating line: "I walk the downtown, hear my sound"

I Said What I Said Real Housewives Of Atlanta GIF by Bravo TV

My name isn't Alice

eeaarrllaalloo

they hate it cause they can't relate :billie:
EDIT: jk it's actually good imo I think people hate it cause they are used to the demo version probably

"By FaR ThE MoSt IrRiTatInG PoSteR oN "ChRoMaTiCa" DisCusSion.

Free Woman is a good choise, its one of the best songs like Alice or Babylon. I noticed a lot of people prefer the demo version, which is so raw, not energetic, an the bridge is really weak. I do not regret the change

Sherry
7 minutes ago, eeaarrllaalloo said:

they hate it cause they can't relate :billie:
EDIT: jk it's actually good imo I think people hate it cause they are used to the demo version probably

Which wasn't meant to be heard in the first place :ohwell:

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

eeaarrllaalloo
2 minutes ago, Sherry1411 said:

Which wasn't meant to be heard in the first place :ohwell:

truee

"By FaR ThE MoSt IrRiTatInG PoSteR oN "ChRoMaTiCa" DisCusSion.

GAGAXABO
9 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

is actually a VERY good song! Everyone is hating on it right now, but actually the more people that hate it the more I want to defend it because I remember how I felt when I first heard it and that was an AMAZINGLY produced song with AMAZING vocals and a very good deep meaning. I never thought it was generic until people started pointing it out, and it got to the point where because of all the negativity around it, it made me grow to hate it, like as if the internet is trying to "cancel" someone, like Shane for example, a lot of those people are actually people who are just tagging along because they want to blend in with the crowd basically.

Well I'm not gonna fall for your scheme anymore Gaga Daily, I'm fed up with all this constant hate over a great song that Gaga loves. If you don't like it that's completely fine and you're free to feel that way, 100%, but why the constant negativity? 

There's a LOT of things that I hate like songs, artists, and just celebrities in general, but I rarely say that I don't like them or even talk about them, like I said, your past internet sayings will always come back to haunt you so if I get bigger in the future people will find these things that I could've said and that's just not something I need in my life :vegas:

With that said, you're free to dislike Free Woman and even say it whenever wherever by Shakira you want, but by talking about how no one should like it BECAUSE it's so generic and lyrically not much in-depth, gurl that's YOUR opinion that you might share with some people, I think Free Woman would make an AMAZING single and probably have one of the best music videos from this era, who knows, always think positively! :heart:

FW is pure magic! Been obsessed with it since I heard the demo version. The album version is STUNNING, full of musical references and endowed with dance music history. 80s Flashdance plus recycled 90s EDM plus amazing lyrics. The haters should prick up their ears and gain a bit of an insight into the history of dance music.

Btw, ALL my friends love the song and whenever I play it they go mental and DANCE ...and SING!  (this only happens too when Chromatica 2 transitions into 911).

For Goodness sake, that bass beat in FW can’t be beaten! It MUST be a single!

Monster in Scotland

GAGAXABO
47 minutes ago, ARTPOPAct2 said:

Demo was great

which made the final version feel weird and underwhelming to me. I naturally prefer deep house over tropical pop

however the final version has grown on me a lot. And while I miss the bridge and overall sound of the demo, the final builds up a powerful energy by the end that the demo never reached. The production has grown on me a bit too, it’s not fully tropical pop that I hate, and sounds very lush and dreamy. I love the echo effects in her voice.

Still think the song could be improved, but I also think that if the demo hadn’t leaked before, the reception to the song would be *drastically* less hateful.

Overall, I can see how people would be disappointed in it for being “basic,” however I don’t think there’s anything to hate about the song itself. Great melody, great vocals from Gaga, great and empowering lyrics.... it just sounds pleasant

I am wondering what ‘tropical pop’ or ‘deep house’ have to do with FW...

Monster in Scotland

It’s a fab track behind the production. It’s one of the tracks from Chromatica that sounds like it sat in a vault for years due to legal drama.

Nothing a good remix can’t fix, though. Are they still releasing some, eventually? :bear:

PawsUpJago
59 minutes ago, Kapi09 said:

flavor of love wtf GIF

Sorry but demo slaps so hard that is even difficult to compare those versions.
1. "I say that I want it, want it..." in second verse is a mess (doesn't match the song coz it is too slow)
2. First drop is one of the most outdated/basic fragment of a song that Gaga created
3. Lack of epic bridge
4. Why she replaced new line (electric devotion...) with repeating line: "I walk the downtown, hear my sound"

I Said What I Said Real Housewives Of Atlanta GIF by Bravo TV

Point number 2 is my main reason that turns me off the song, that first drop is so pointless and sucks any personality that Gaga gives the song with her vocals. 

Overall, I don't hate it as a song, but it is so dumb to consider this as the third single, we don't really need the third return of the Chromatica era to be with a flop when there are so many other good choices.

Roronoa

Free Woman is my most played song. :woot:

The woman who fought for her dance floor should be the one to decide the next single. :firega:

Archived