Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

103.5 KISS FM said Free Woman will impact pop radio this week

EuphoricVibez

Featured Posts

Regina George

It can work only like a remix with other artist. Sour Candy was a better choice but oh well..

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daylight Jokers

I want more singles cuz I want more videos. I don't care much about the US charts.

Mister G

As I get an email from Gaga’s mailings about Gaga Radio, the Chromatica Interview with Zayne Lowe and a friendly reminder to listen to Chromatica on Apple Music.

The Z
7 hours ago, CHROMATICON said:

Those two you listed would flop harder, sorry. They are better but not as catchy, digestible or careless fun as FW.

Bad Romance isn't “digestible or careless fun” at all though. Neither are half of her hits actually:shrug:

But after all who cares about what the next single is. All the other songs will still be there anyway. Ouf course, I want to know out of curiosity but that's it

The Z
8 minutes ago, Regina George said:

It can work only like a remix with other artist. Sour Candy was a better choice but oh well..

I personally don't think Sour Candy is a real good choice commercially... It debuted at #33, that's probably its peak

Reality

Saying that a Gaga song will do well on the radio because it's more "radio friendly" makes no sense. If you look at Gaga's track record, almost none of her most popular songs are "radio friendly." Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, BTW, TEOG, Applause, Shallow, etc. are not the standard "radio friendly" songs, yet they're her most popular. Her only GP-friendly hit is Million Reasons (ROM still needs time to get up there tbh).

I'm not saying that the song is going to flop or anything because we just won't know until they officially make it a single, but the argument that "It's radio friendly so it'll obviously do well" is not a good one, at least, not for Gaga.

I'd honestly prefer a lot of other songs off of the album to be the third single, but hey, whatever Gaga decides to do, I'm okay with. I just hope we get killer visuals and an awesome music video.

🃏🖤👹

ShayCristoforo

I really don't think it's a bad song or single choice. A lot of people enjoy it -- we're kinda biased cuz we're all looking for another Scheiße.
The dance break could have been bigger, but it's an enjoyable radio song.
Replay, Enigma, or Babylon (Haus Labs) would probably be better singles, but Free Woman is a nice, simple catchy song with an accessible message.  

Spoiler

Yes I know we haven't even heard Babylon HL, dont @ me lol 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Regina George
9 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I personally don't think Sour Candy is a real good choice commercially... It debuted at #33, that's probably its peak

Sour Candy would get the necessary support from Blackpink fans. Free Woman’s peak will 60.

rasclautmangos
8 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Bad Romance isn't “digestible or careless fun” at all though. Neither are half of her hits actually:shrug:

But after all who cares about what the next single is. All the other songs will still be there anyway. Ouf course, I want to know out of curiosity but that's it

Thank You! Calling a Gaga song digestible and careless is almost offensive lol. This isn't 2013 when Katy Perry's Roar was dominating. No one is checking for that kind of pop right now. 

President Biden
8 hours ago, stevana229 said:

Free Woman is going to flop HARD. She should've went with Alice or Replay 

I supported Replay as a single originally, but it has mo radio potential

And Alice is probably one of the least likely to be radio played songs on the album. Sorry but that would be a bizarre single choice

I got drunk

Sneaky Oliver

It all depends on the video. If she serves something like ROM quality-wise, with many sets, outfits and incredible visuals. I can see it rising on the charts.

They should’ve released Free Woman as the promo single during album launch week and kept Sour Candy for the third single spot as the hype around BLACKPINK has increased since their comeback 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

DanielM

It makes sense Free Women being the third single. Probably the video was shot around the time Laverne Cox tweeted about Gaga. Perhaps she's in the video, since the song is about trans women. 

Archived