💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
actor

Kathy Bates

EuphoricVibez

Featured Posts

EuphoricVibez

We have no choice but to stan the incomparable, and the iconic genius herself, Kathy Bates. She's starred in several movies over the years, and that includes her very first major role in "Misery", all the way back in 1990.

Who is Kathy Bates, might you ask?

Born in Memphis, Tennessee, she studied theatre at the Southern Methodist University before moving to New York City to pursue an acting career. She landed minor stage roles before being cast in her first on screen role in Taking Off (1971). Her first Off-Broadway stage performance was in the 1976 production of Vanities. Throughout the 1970s, and early 1980s, she continued to perform on screen and on stage, and garnered a Tony Award nomination for Best Lead Actress in a Play in 1983 for her performance in 'night, Mother, and won an Obie Award in 1988 for her performance in Frankie and Johnny in the Clair de Lune.

Bates' performance as Annie Wilkes in the horror film Misery (1990) marked her Hollywood breakthrough, winning her the Academy Award for Best Actress. Further acclaim came for her starring role in Dolores Claiborne (1995), The Waterboy (1998), and supporting roles in Fried Green Tomatoes (1991), and Titanic (1997). The latter, in which she portrayed Molly Brown, became the highest-grossing film to that point. Bates received subsequent Oscar nods in the Best Supporting Actress category for her work in Primary Colors (1998), About Schmidt (2002), and Richard Jewell (2019).

Bates' television work has resulted in 14 Emmy Award nominations, including two for her leading role on the NBC series Harry's Law (2011–12). She won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her appearance on the ninth season of Two and a Half Men (2012) and the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie for her portrayal of Delphine LaLaurie on the third season of American Horror Story (2014). She also received accolades for her portrayal of Miss Hannigan in the 1999 television adaptation of Annie. Her directing credits include several episodes of the HBO television series Six Feet Under (2001–03) and the television film Ambulance Girl (2005).

Kathy's most famous, and well-known roles:

Misery (1990) -- Annie Wilkes

latest?cb=20180731083452

Titanic (1997) -- Molly Brown

000e7558ae9cbe208f892a80785cac25.jpg

Annie (1999) -- Miss Agatha Hannigan

hqdefault.jpg

AHS: Coven (2013) -- Madame Delphine LaLaurie

kathy-bates_595_slogo1.jpg?w=640

AHS: Freak Show (2014) - Ethel Darling

bal-american-horror-story-the-curious-ca

AHS: Hotel (2015) -- Iris

american-horror-story-hotel-kathy-bates.

AHS: Roanoke (2016) -- The Butcher on the "My Roanoke Nightmare" TV show, and Agnes Mary Winstead, the woman who played the Butcher

ahs-s6e3-recap.jpg&q=85

latest?cb=20161023104706&path-prefix=fr

AHS: Apocalypse (2018) -- Miss Miriam Mess, and a cameo from Madame Delphine LaLaurie

american-horror-story-apocalypse-kathy-b

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR5rFL30dM-LEqOApxDAs1

Now if you don't know of this talented woman, and want to look at the movies, and shows she's been in that I listed above, please do! You won't be disappointed :heart:

P.S. - @Doot, I was inspired by your Sarah Michelle Gellar post

He/him/his

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EuphoricVibez
1 minute ago, Trillion Reasons said:

She is amazing, amazing. She's a star of AHS, and her play in Misery - :icega:

I agree! Misery is a phenomenal movie, and her AHS roles are amazing :ally:

He/him/his

She really is such a good actress! She’s so versatile and really becomes the character. 

Titanic is one of my all time favorites and Kathy Bates in her supporting role as the Unsinkable Molly Brown really adds something to the movie. 

Misery is such a raw and unfiltered movie and it truly wouldn’t be the same without Kathy Bates. 

Even in The Office, she’s quite funny and really brings something unique to the show. 

Bubblegum Bitch
Just now, Doot said:

Annie Wilkes is forever my favorite. 

misery GIF

She deserves all the acclaim. 

My legs hurt twice: when I read the book and when I watch this movie. :messga:

EuphoricVibez
Just now, Doot said:

Annie Wilkes is forever my favorite. 

misery GIF

She deserves all the acclaim. 

She absolutely does.

tumblr_mbnbp4TbXN1r3ifxzo1_500.gif

He/him/his

Zilla

my QUEEEEEEEEN

Misery is my most favorite movie of all time

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

EuphoricVibez
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

She is a phenomenal actress. She won me over when she did Misery. :enigma:

Same! I first watched Misery back in middle school, and I've been into her ever since then. :pray:

He/him/his

Jose P
3 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

My legs hurt twice: when I read the book and when I watch this movie. :messga:

The movie is so clean compared to the book :air:

When she kills the policeman with a lawnmower and when she kills that rat by squeezing it with her hands and then licks the blood off her fingers. And let’s not even talk about how much more gruesome the leg hacking was :toofunny:

EuphoricVibez
2 minutes ago, Zilla said:

my QUEEEEEEEEN

Omg, yes! Misery is definitely in my top 5 favorite movies of all time. Our minds!

He/him/his

1 minute ago, Zilla said:

When she put that wood between them ankles and broke dude’s foot. :messga:

Archived