Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

POLL : Chromatica 3rd Single

ApplauseftAdele

Chromatica Next Single (I removed SFA because its prob not gonna be a single and there was no more room )  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Chromatica Next Single (I removed SFA because its prob not gonna be a single and there was no more room )

• Alice
    • Free Woman
    • Fun Tonight
    • Plastic Doll
    • Sour Candy
    • Enigma
    • Replay
    • 1000 Doves
    • Babylon

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

Here are my opinions: (My opinion might be slightly different but I am 19 and I have a pretty modern music taste, I listen to a lot of artists this site hates like Migos and the other rappers :poot: Not to drag the 30 year olds on this site who think that radio friendly in 2020 still means catchy club bubblegum pop but anyways-)

ALICE 

PROS - One of Gaga's best songs. Has a catchy hook and is pretty memorable, and the house beat is definitely something that people will appreciate since it isn't a super common trope in hit songs, plus as we enter the 2020's the 90's nostalgia era music is bound to come. Also, this experimental house-pop will help the GP remember Gaga as an artist, since many felt that ROM was basic and dissapointing. 

CONS - It is hard to gauge how the GP would take this song since it sounds nothing like anything popular right now, and could be a risky move. However, house music is pretty popular among teens and people in their 20's especially at frat parties and such. Also some house-y songs have been popular recently because of TikTok, like Roses by Saint John.

FREE WOMAN 

PROS - It's super safe, follows trends in pop and is catchy.

CONS - After ROM, following it up with another single that is even more generic/trendy would not be a good look for Gaga, and although the song could be mildly successful, I doubt it could have as much impact as any other song on Chromatica if released as a single. It's just too forgettable. Also, its 2020,maybe in 2016 this song could be a medium hit but like people would hear this song and press skip.

FUN TONIGHT

PROS - Same as Free Woman, however this song has more of a nostalgic/Edge of Glory feel and doesn't sound as "generic". Also the prechorus is really good and will probably end up selling the song.

CONS - Same as Free Woman.

PROS - For some reason, it's currently the most streamed non-single from Chromatica, despite being the most experimental. This could be a good sign. The song is very catchy and weird, and we all know how much the general public "misses" weird-Gaga. Plus, the Chromatica II transition is already going viral on TikTok. Also this song has the most potential for a cool video IMO.

CONS - Might be TOO experimental. However, in 2020, there have been dozens of songs that are experimental that have become hits, mostly due to TikTok. In fact, 100gecs is a duo that makes super distorted robotic music and they've actually been getting quite popular on tiktok. Some reaction channels also didn't like the song a lot, and this song is mostly for the gays who have all probably already heard this song.

SOUR CANDY

PROS - BLACKPINK. They are breaking many records right now so I think this song is most likely to be made a single. Also, in 2020 people don't really look for big drops anymore, and this song is perfect - it's short, and has that trap-esque snare beat that would do super well in today's musical climate.

CONS - The song is a bit anticlimactic, however many hits these days are like that. 

PLASTIC DOLL

PROS - It's a good song, but honestly this is the only song on the album where I don't see any single potential.

CONS - It sounds similar to Stupid Love so it would just be repetitive, and honestly I can't see this song being LOVED and picked up by radio etc.

ENIGMA

PROS - Very unique song with a funky beat. For some odd reason I can see this as a hit. Also it showcases Gaga's vocals but is also a catchy song that grows on you a lot, and many reaction channels liked this song. 

CONS - The chorus is pretty empty for the most part.

REPLAY

PROS - Another experimental song, however this one is more radio friendly, almost like a mixture between 911 and Rain On Me. Another fan favorite.

CONS - The main issue with this song is the chorus being very noisy, not sure how people would like this song as a single.

SINE FROM ABOVE

PROS - Beautiful lyrics and verses, and Elton John's name alone will definitely have people interested.

CONS - I can't imagine the chorus being a hit in 2020, EDM choruses are much different these days. Also the ending. Also our fanbase is kinda split on this song.

1000 DOVES

PROS - Although this is one of my least favorites, I still like it a lot and it actually surprisingly has a lot of single potential to me. For one, it showcases Gaga's voice in a way where it sounds like Ally from ASIB, and it's friendly toward adult audiences. The lyrics are personal but the song is catchy and definitely a bop, and many of my friends say this song is among their faves (they normally don't listen to Gaga). 

CONS - It is a bit generic as well, and our fanbase is very split on this song.

BABYLON

PROS - This song is a frontrunner for the next single IMO. It has a catchy chorus that sounds nothing like today's music, yet I can see people LOVING this song. The quirky lyrics and speaking voice are quintessential Gaga and I can see this song going viral on Tiktok too.

CONS - I heard some fans call this song "gibberish" and people could also call this song a Vogue ripoff.

In my opinion, the best choices are:

1. Sour Candy

2. Babylon

3. 1000 Doves

4. Alice

5. 911

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gracious Gaga

Really what she should do is release Sexxx Dreams or DIC or something frisky.  The nation is in a WAP mood :lolly:

♥ Kindness Police.

juicyjuicy

"The 30 year olds on this site"

...I--

But Alice.

P.S. I'm 27. Still feel attacked. lolol

ApplauseftAdele
1 minute ago, juicyjuicy said:

"The 30 year olds on this site"

...I--

But Alice.

P.S. I'm 27. Still feel attacked. lolol

:sis: I mean it’s not about age it’s more just that older people are inherently out of touch with what is popular among the teenage audience... ive seen so many comments saying Free Woman is a safe choice... like we’re in 2020 people don’t care about generic pop songs anymore

juicyjuicy
11 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

:sis: I mean it’s not about age it’s more just that older people are inherently out of touch with what is popular among the teenage audience... ive seen so many comments saying Free Woman is a safe choice... like we’re in 2020 people don’t care about generic pop songs anymore

I absolutely agree with you haha. I was just like, holy crap, I'm 27, I'm one of those "30 year olds on this site" - just a bit of a shocker! Haha. I miss 19 - enjoy your youth!!!

selenalavigne

Free Woman is the only right answer :vegas:

Babylon or Alice wouldn't be terrible choices but I would die for a Free Woman video and single treatment.

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

I pick Sour Candy, Babylon, Alice.

I also like the idea some ppl had of a mv for Replay for Halloween with monsters :firega:

JustTea

Honestly Alice has the strongest beginning that catches the audience by surprise, so they'll pay more attention to the song.

family matters what GIF

Archived