💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Chromatica couldn’t outlast Joanne. Why?

petty

Featured Posts

Folkbore was a sad album that appealed to country folks, who don't know how to illegally download music. OF COURSE Folkbore would get more sales.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stanley Digaga said:

I don't think there is much to debate : there was no promo and the album came out at the worse timing possible (pandemic + protest). And even in this situation Chromatica didn't flopped.

I’m not saying it flopped. Just curious as to why it didn’t outlast Joanne on the charts. And I’m not saying that Joanne was a flop in any way. Just that Chromatica deserves more because it’s the better album :vegas:

Reality
11 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

Cheap 90s house beats that only the gays would love TBH. If she put out a sleeker album that was more cool it would have smashed several times harder. At least this time she doesn’t have reputational damage bogging her down, she can easily come out with better albums and smash again in the future.

What does "if she put out a sleeker album that was more cool it would have smashed several times harder" mean? What does a "cooler" album entail? Chromatica's fine the way it is. The fact of the matter is that there was no promo for it. We're in the middle of a pandemic, with a whole bunch of social unrest, and Gaga herself hasn't been promoting the album (up until she recently restarted the era). Those are very valid reasons.

🖤👹

12 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

Cheap 90s house beats that only the gays would love TBH. If she put out a sleeker album that was more cool it would have smashed several times harder. At least this time she doesn’t have reputational damage bogging her down, she can easily come out with better albums and smash again in the future.

this.

I love Chromatica, but it's very much an against-the-current album. Nothing else that's been released in recent memory really sounds like it, which is both a blessing and a curse.

1 minute ago, rumours said:

So... then Joanne is the better album to you. Hope the wine is tasty :vegas:

I never said Joanne was the better album, tf? :vegas:

I’m saying it didn’t outlast Joanne on the charts and that’s facts whether you like one album or the other more. 

1 minute ago, PETTY said:

I never said Joanne was the better album, tf? :vegas:

I’m saying it didn’t outlast Joanne on the charts and that’s facts whether you like one album or the other more. 

I think they're calling you a country bumpkin :vegas:

11 minutes ago, PETTY said:

Maybe to a country bumpkin "holding a baby on her hip and a glass of wine in the other hand" :vegas:

Well honestly it probably is the better album for soul soothing reasons :heart:

KatieJudasGaga4
25 minutes ago, PETTY said:

save the "no promo" and "Rona" excuses because look at Folklore.

It's a great excuse though.

Even look at Joanne. Every time Gaga would promote it, it would rise on the charts.

Gaga's work needs promo to keep longevity and that happened with Joanne when she performed at SNL, Victoria Secret, Carpool, Coachella, her tour and the Superbowl.

Taylor is a great album seller.

Cookie Tookie

Of course corona is a main reason. Why would anyone disregard that or view it as an excuse? She literally cancelled a whole stadium tour because of it. There’s only so much promotion she can do in this current environment. 

Not to mention, no venues are even open... Rain On Me would have blown up even bigger if the gays were allowed to hit up their clubs/bars. 

Mister G

Depends on the country you’re in; let’s not forget where you’re located contributes a lot as well these days. Look at the UK and US. The UK ate up the album and Rain On Me is still killing it on the charts; not as high but still up there. In the US, well some people from the GP enjoy the occasional pop/dance song but like many YouTubers who reviewed Chromatica if you don’t like or understand pop music then Chromatica will not work for you. Neither will its main competition as a Pop Album, Future Nostalgia. The GP here in the US for the most part eats up Rap, Hip-Hop, Country and anything Taylor Swift does (and I don’t mean that to sound rude either I adore her). iTunes Charts are useless for measurement in terms of major charting but they do account for what’s popular right now:

CD47-EDFD-0626-410-A-96-DF-27-B7-B62-DD9

FBEE1-E83-D4-C4-4-FC2-B294-9-CDBF4492-C3

Franch Toast

But the reality is that she released a dance album in the midst of a pandemic when people can’t get together to dance and when there’s civil unrest, and she’s done almost no promo and zero public performances. Let’s see if things change once she actively resumes promo and starts performing tracks from the album. 

She/Her/Hers

Regina George
30 minutes ago, selenalavigne said:

Joanne is the better album :vegas:

:billie: good one 

Because she literally didn't promote it 

7 minutes ago, Cookie Tookie said:

Of course corona is a main reason. Why would anyone disregard that or view it as an excuse? She literally cancelled a whole stadium tour because of it. There’s only so much promotion she can do in this current environment. 

Not to mention, no venues are even open... Rain On Me would have blown up even bigger if the gays were allowed to hit up their clubs/bars. 

Well it’s not necessarily the excuse when Folkwhore outsold all of our faves during a pandemic :vegas: not that I think it should’ve done better. Curious minds want to know luv 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived