💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Chromatica couldn’t outlast Joanne. Why?

petty

Featured Posts

It might be able to outsell but why couldn’t it outlast? Both albums only spent 4 weeks in the top 10.

93-FC95-FD-1-B83-4036-BC60-2-F907-EFD958

save the "no promo" and "Rona" excuses because look at Folkwhore. Despite winning back the GP, the bundles and streaming promo, she still ended up with the same results. Why? 

93-FC95-FD-1-B83-4036-BC60-2-F907-EFD958

"make it all make sense" - Joanne

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
venusfly

Cheap 90s house beats that only the gays would love TBH. If she put out a sleeker album that was more cool it would have smashed several times harder. At least this time she doesn’t have reputational damage bogging her down, she can easily come out with better albums and smash again in the future.

lifeasgeorge

Literally because she left the day after the album was released :bear:

If the artist doesn’t care about an album after release why will the GP :yennefer:

And I’m not trying to be shady, we have no idea what’s happening behind the scenes and I know COVID and the BLM movement slowed down any momentum gaga had with chromatica. But I think we will start getting steady promo soon, last week was a good start :vegas:

live and let live

She promoted the fk out of Joanne, Chromatica got minimal exposure

Jose P
1 minute ago, Venusfly said:

Cheap 90s house beats that only the gays would love TBH. If she put out a sleeker album that was more cool it would have smashed several times harder. At least this time she doesn’t have reputational damage bogging her down, she can easily come out with better albums and smash again in the future.

Let’s not pretend like Chromatica flopped or is flopping :ohwell:

venusfly
1 minute ago, Jose P said:

Let’s not pretend like Chromatica flopped or is flopping :ohwell:

It didn’t flop, but it prematurely fell down the chart, the music stopped finding new audiences because it’s pretty niche 

7 minutes ago, selenalavigne said:

Joanne is the better album :vegas:

Maybe to a country bumpkin "holding a baby on her hip and a glass of wine in the other hand" :vegas:

Stanley Digaga

I don't think there is much to debate : there was no promo and the album came out at the worse timing possible (pandemic + protest). And even in this situation Chromatica didn't flopped.

Reality
11 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Taylor Swift is a more popular artist. So what?

This. I'm sorry, and look, maybe this is blasmephous to say, but I feel like a lot of people here overestimate Gaga's popularity in the GP. Don't get me wrong, Gaga is respected and loved by people, but she's just not as popular as she used to be. Taylor is just objectively the more popular artist, and quite frankly, a lot of today's artists are more "popular" than Gaga—at least right now. Will those artists have the longevity that Gaga has? Only time will tell, but the fact of the matter is that Gaga herself is fairly niche (for lack of a better term) now. Again, a lot of the GP respect her as an artist, but she's just not as big as she once was. 

🖤👹

rumours
5 minutes ago, PETTY said:

Maybe to a country bumpkin "holding a baby on her hip and a glass of wine in the other hand" :vegas:

So... then Joanne is the better album to you. Hope the wine is tasty :vegas:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived