💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Chromatica couldn’t outlast Joanne. Why?

petty

Featured Posts

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
selenalavigne
6 minutes ago, Jose P said:

Ok yeah then would you say the fans generally like Joanne more than Chromatica? Bc with the GP it’s harder to tell due to the fact that it’s a larger audience than the fandom. But with the fans, would you really say they received Joanne better? You can’t just tell me Joanne was better received than Chromatica in any regard lol. There’s no way you can objectively prove any album is better, so the closest thing you can use is see the general response from local listeners and fans. And Chromatica DID have a better reception overall you just can’t deny it, even if you take critics out of the equation.

Rain On Me had great reception and fueled the album.

That I'm sure of. But I can't say the same for the rest of the album. 

We'll see how things pan out in the long run. Joanne spent 49 weeks on the BB200. I'd love to see Chromatica surpass that if it's so much bigger as you say :vegas:

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

19 minutes ago, PETTY said:

Joanne crawled so Folkwhore could fly into space wbk.

Finally you say something sensible

Just now, selenalavigne said:

We'll see how things pan out in the long run. Joanne spent 49 weeks on the BB200. I'd love to see Chromatica surpass that if it's so much bigger as you say :vegas:

2016 streaming wasn't as important though. Sales played a bigger role. And her million of performances helped. And of course the Superbowl gave it a second wind.

At the end of the day, one will have a bigger SPS both in the US and worldwide.

Jose P
2 minutes ago, selenalavigne said:

Gurl are you really insisting that Joanne was a better received album? Is this for real? I can’t keep on going with this

selenalavigne
1 minute ago, Jose P said:

Gurl are you really insisting that Joanne was a better received album? Is this for real? I can’t keep on going with this

yes. Because even though the Joanne singles were flopping left and right especially in the beginning people were talking about THE ALBUM. People say they like Chromatica probably because they have only heard Stupid Love and Rain On Me which can be seen by the chart performance of the album.

If Joanne was fueled by sales as you say then it is obviously evident that people were buying and listening to the album. 

https://open.spotify.com/album/4yk2eQg0LdV7b3A020Desg

HausOfAntonio
2 hours ago, M Monstre said:

This. I'm sorry, and look, maybe this is blasmephous to say, but I feel like a lot of people here overestimate Gaga's popularity in the GP. Don't get me wrong, Gaga is respected and loved by people, but she's just not as popular as she used to be. Taylor is just objectively the more popular artist, and quite frankly, a lot of today's artists are more "popular" than Gaga—at least right now. Will those artists have the longevity that Gaga has? Only time will tell, but the fact of the matter is that Gaga herself is fairly niche (for lack of a better term) now. Again, a lot of the GP respect her as an artist, but she's just not as big as she once was. 

No one overestimates Gaga, EVER. she is CONSTANTLY put down and shamed and ridiculed by her own “fans” despite proving them wrong time and time and time again. Its ridiculous and tired at this point. 

Reality
31 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

No one overestimates Gaga, EVER. she is CONSTANTLY put down and shamed and ridiculed by her own “fans” despite proving them wrong time and time and time again. Its ridiculous and tired at this point. 

You’re bringing up something completely irrelevant to the conversation. Her “fans” ridiculing her (which is just wrong) has nothing to do with the fact that she isn’t as popular as she once was. And look, that’s not an insult, that’s just a fact. She doesn’t NEED to be the most popular artist in the world, she doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. The truth of that matter is that besides having songs like Shallow, Gaga isn’t really seen by the GP as a mainstream pop girl anymore. ROM is bringing her profile back up a bit, but even then, it’s not as popular as it could be.

If you want to compare the popularity of someone like Taylor Swift and Gaga, it’s obvious that Taylor is the more popular artist today. That’s just how it is. Gaga is seen as a more respected artist perhaps, but not the more “popular” artist. 

🃏🖤👹

HausOfAntonio
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

You’re bringing up something completely irrelevant to the conversation. Her “fans” ridiculing her (which is just wrong) has nothing to do with the fact that she isn’t as popular as she once was. And look, that’s not an insult, that’s just a fact. She doesn’t NEED to be the most popular artist in the world, she doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. The truth of that matter is that besides having songs like Shallow, Gaga isn’t really seen by the GP as a mainstream pop girl anymore. ROM is bringing her profile back up a bit, but even then, it’s not as popular as it could be.

If you want to compare the popularity of someone like Taylor Swift and Gaga, it’s obvious that Taylor is the more popular artist today. That’s just how it is. Gaga is seen as a more respected artist perhaps, but not the more “popular” artist. 

I never denied that she’s not as popular girl. I’m just stating that she literally is not overrated at all. If anything Taylor is. 

MonsterfromVietnam

Obviously because it lack of promo, it's treated like an abandoned child of hers. 

Even now she seems to restart the era, efforts put into it is somehow feeble, imo. 

But CHROMATICA is cool, tho. It's not like what is exclusive for the gay, imo. In Vietnam, SC, FW are got lots of replay in cafes and restaurants. Before CHROMATICA, I did not heard a single song of her in public places for the last like 10 years. 

Mugiwara No Luffy
3 hours ago, PETTY said:

It might be able to outsell but why couldn’t it outlast? Both albums only spent 4 weeks in the top 10.

93-FC95-FD-1-B83-4036-BC60-2-F907-EFD958

save the "no promo" and "Rona" excuses because look at Folkwhore. Despite winning back the GP, the bundles and streaming promo, she still ended up with the same results. Why? 

93-FC95-FD-1-B83-4036-BC60-2-F907-EFD958

"make it all make sense" - Joanne

Are you comparing Gaga to Taylor? Lmao yall have no clue whatsoever.

3 hours ago, Venusfly said:

Cheap 90s house beats that only the gays would love TBH. If she put out a sleeker album that was more cool it would have smashed several times harder. At least this time she doesn’t have reputational damage bogging her down, she can easily come out with better albums and smash again in the future.

This is so ugly specially with FN as an avi lol

Mugiwara No Luffy
1 hour ago, selenalavigne said:

yes. Because even though the Joanne singles were flopping left and right especially in the beginning people were talking about THE ALBUM. People say they like Chromatica probably because they have only heard Stupid Love and Rain On Me which can be seen by the chart performance of the album.

If Joanne was fueled by sales as you say then it is obviously evident that people were buying and listening to the album. 

Not true. People stopped talking about Chromatica only because the album promo got halted because of covid and blm protests, those are facts. Joanne had great GREAT promo

Just now, Mugiwara No Luffy said:

Are you comparing Gaga to Taylor? Lmao yall have no clue whatsoever.

No. I’m comparing Gaga to Gaga. Chromatica to Joanne.

lol3.gif

• Admin locked this topic

Archived