💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Chromatica couldn’t outlast Joanne. Why?

petty

Featured Posts

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stanley Digaga
12 minutes ago, PETTY said:

I’m not saying it flopped.

I know, i was just pointing out the fact that even under the worst circumstances the album performed well because talent always win. :firega:

TWICE on hatius

Why? She’s a fad. 

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

xoxo Craig
21 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

Cheap 90s house beats that only the gays would love TBH. If she put out a sleeker album that was more cool it would have smashed several times harder. At least this time she doesn’t have reputational damage bogging her down, she can easily come out with better albums and smash again in the future.

Chromatica isn't cheap at all lmao. It's pretty cool and sleek. What album by a huge established artist has a concept or an album structured in such a way that its divided into sections? Its the only album that I know of in recent times where its designed to be listened from start to finish. 

People only say its cheap because its not their cup of tea. Which is fine, but its certainly not cheap. There are many straight people who love 90s/00s house and dance music, as well as the gays. But its not cheap just because you don't like that type of music.

The same can't be said about the album that is your profile pic. That is the definition of cheap and uncool, and only appealing to the gays. 

The simple fact why Chromatica didn't have longevity is Gaga. She disappeared and didn't promote it. The pandemic was still at a high, and then right when she released, there was huge protests in which the attention was taken off Gaga/Chromatica. Despite this, it hasn't flopped and did amazingly well first week. It was the 4th biggest first week streams ever... so lets not act like it did poorly.

Like @Doot said, Taylor Swift is easy to digest.  Anything she puts out will sell well. Taylor had the advantage of releasing when tensions aren't as high with protests, and the pandemic fears/worries have subsided. She also did a suprise drop, which will increase sales because of how big Taylor is. You can't compare the two projects.

End Racism Now

Dr Fudge

Y’all worry about the charts and public opinion too much. Who cares if it’s not number 1 two months later? I’m still jamming out daily with minimal stress and I bet Gaga feels the same. She got her number 1 album with impressive first week sales, a number 1 song that’s still top 40 2 months later, and another top 5 song. Just enjoy the album.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

Why are people comparing the sales to Folklore? Taylor Swift literally made 10000 different versions of one album which helped with sales, plus she's never been one to just put her music out there without some sort of rule/listening it for free and before people start saying Chromatica had 10000 versions etc. there was literally 5 versions of the album max.

Ladle Ghoulash
41 minutes ago, Venusfly said:

Cheap 90s house beats that only the gays would love TBH. If she put out a sleeker album that was more cool it would have smashed several times harder. At least this time she doesn’t have reputational damage bogging her down, she can easily come out with better albums and smash again in the future.

This, honestly. All things considered, the album has been a success and was a pretty smooth and well-received transition back to dance pop, which could’ve been tricky and outright flopped. Imo, that’s an achievement in and of itself.

5 minutes ago, FudgeyBear said:

I’m still jamming out daily with minimal stress and I bet Gaga feels the same.

tenor.gif

2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Joanne is TIMELESS like it or not.

Chromatica is timeless wbk :vegas: 

Just now, PETTY said:

Chromatica is timeless wbk :vegas: 

Chromatica has some timeless tracks. But Joanne is a timeless album.

Just now, Twitter said:

Chromatica has some timeless tracks. But Joanne is a timeless album.

Timeless to who? I haven’t played a Joanne track since 2018 my luv :selena:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived