💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

When stans screamed “overexposure”

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

NFRatwell

Y’all remember when everyone on stan twitter was pissed Ari kept releasing last year, saying people would get tired of her and she wouldn’t be able to get any hits due to overexposure :poot: meanwhile she got two #1 songs this year. She really proved them wrong though, people really thought she was over after Thank U Next lol

elijahfan

Well, overexposure always comes to bite you in the ass at some point... I mean, look at Mrs. Perry. Even us LMs know this all too well.

flyaway

I can picture the same people who complain (in every single thread) about Chromatica's low promotion saying the same thing, if the album was being promoted massively. 

Stans just not having common sense. 

Head Empty

Having a lot of exposure can get great immediate results, but long-term negative consequences. Gaga's Born This Way era was great for many reasons, but the subsequent overexposure was part of why her following projects had difficulties on a commercial level. People had seen enough for a while.

Blessed Madonna

Well Taylor Swift is an exception to your OvErExPOsuRe, she's literally cannot flop! 

Impersonation got me restricted!

NFRatwell
12 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

Having a lot of exposure can get great immediate results, but long-term negative consequences. Gaga's Born This Way era was great for many reasons, but the subsequent overexposure was part of why her following projects had difficulties on a commercial level. People had seen enough for a while.

I don’t really think overexposure played a part in Gaga’s popularity downfall, she just didn’t put out any music that appealed to the GP or any sub-genre big enough to boost sales. Gaga was extremely lucky (or smart) because her first three albums were full of music destined to be on the charts. A lot of ARTPOP was just too out there to be singles, and we know she was still able to score a hit with Applause and DWUW could’ve been big with proper promo. If plans followed through in 2012 songs like Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe (Ft. Gaga) and PARTYNAUSEOUS would’ve probably still been decent hits.

Head Empty
6 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

I don’t really think overexposure played a part in Gaga’s popularity downfall, she just didn’t put out any music that appealed to the GP or any sub-genre big enough to boost sales. Gaga was extremely lucky (or smart) because her first three albums were full of music destined to be on the charts. A lot of ARTPOP was just too out there to be singles, and we know she was still able to score a hit with Applause and DWUW could’ve been big with proper promo. If plans followed through in 2012 songs like Bitch Don’t Kill My Vibe (Ft. Gaga) and PARTYNAUSEOUS would’ve probably still been decent hits.

Applause and DWUW (along with the album itself) had major promo though, with the exception of the DWUW video. I agree that the music was less commercially viable as well, but at the same time I don't think any different solo project could've succeeded at that point in time. The narrative wasn't being written in Gaga's favor. Which makes sense, since the narrative had been centered around her for 4 years at that point. At some point, she had to fall.

Archived