💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Harry: #1 on the Hot 100!/Billie: #6 debut

Werk

Featured Posts

RichAssPiss
1 hour ago, lifeasgeorge said:

I wasn't aware of that but to be fair the song had an organic rise to the top 10 before his team made this big push to get the #1; still a big feat for him especially as a british artist!

Yes! It's an awesome accomplishment and the song is a genuine radio and streaming hit. They just did some campaigning to work the metrics for the #1 placement. Everything they did is currently allowed by Billboard. I just like to always be accurate. This article explains the campaign in detail.  I love the song and I am happy for him.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9431815/harry-styles-watermelon-sugar-hot-100

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, lifeasgeorge said:

omg my baby boy did it :flutter:

He's really starting to solidify his name; so deserved and all of this without any tactics, just quality music :applause:

source.gif

Get in line, sis. :whitney:

7 hours ago, GagaSine said:

Is this song about p*ssy eating :bear:

i had never heard it until a few days ago I was walking home and someone was blasting it from their Jeep lol. This video is certainly... something 

7 hours ago, monster said:

literally

The song's about oral sex in general, receiving from anyone. The 'watermelon sugar' is c*m, and the 'high' is orgasm.

The video just pandered more to females though because it's good for his image. 

2School4Cool

Good for him, I adore that song! It’s just so infectious and fun, I’m glad to see so many people loving it!

See The Best In Everyone

30 minutes ago, Blake said:

Get in line, sis. :whitney:

The song's about oral sex in general, receiving from anyone. The 'watermelon sugar' is c*m, and the 'high' is orgasm.

The video just pandered more to females though because it's good for his image. 

giving me holy water by madonna vibes where she wants someone to taste her holy water

RichAssPiss
3 hours ago, Majora said:

Idk about major discounts, it was only 29 cents cheaper on iTunes, even though it was 99 cents it wasn’t 69 cents. 

So, to clarify you have no intention of addressing that you were wrong and instead choose to put laugh reactions on all my comments? It's just rude.

Justin Drew Bieber
43 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

So, to clarify you have no intention of addressing that you were wrong and instead choose to put laugh reactions on all my comments? It's just rude.

I got it for 99 cents in its tracking week đŸ€·đŸŒâ€â™€ïž

Judas Society

I like seeing this. I'm bored of seeing singles debut at #1 and then drop down like bees after the sting. That doesn't even show if people really like the music. BB charts doesn't really represent casual listeners in general.

elijahfan

I love him, but HOW? Isn’t the song kinda old? What happened for it to surge like that?

Teletubby
8 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I love him, but HOW? Isn’t the song kinda old? What happened for it to surge like that?

No. 1 sales, No. 2 in airplay: "Watermelon Sugar" bounds 9-1 on the Digital Song Sales chart, up 614% to 63,000 downloads sold in the week ending Aug. 6, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data. It pushes 3-2 on Radio Songs, up 8% to 71.7 million audience impressions in the week ending Aug. 9, and jumps 29-18 on Streaming Songs, although down 1% to 14.2 million U.S. streams in the week ending Aug. 6.

The song was on sale in Styles' webstore via three physical/digital combination offerings during the tracking week ending Aug. 6. Consumers could buy cassette and vinyl singles (priced at $14.98-$15.98), with each purchase including a digital download; the download (the sale of which contributed to the latest tracking week) would be sent upon purchase, with physical versions due to arrive at a later date. The song (its original version and an instrumental) was also sale-priced to 69 cents at all digital retailers during the tracking week.

Source : https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9431815/harry-styles-watermelon-sugar-hot-100

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

LilyLark
28 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

It's constantly on the radio here in the US. I think the fans saw that it was staying in the top 15 (in part because of radio strength) and started buying more (they had a buying party).

Archived