đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Harry: #1 on the Hot 100!/Billie: #6 debut

Werk

Featured Posts

BloodyM

Its such a good summer song! Didn't make sense to release it back in November .... glad its getting its glory now!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Justin Drew Bieber

So proud of Harry! I’m glad he’s becoming the most successful solo act from 1D

Morphine Prince
27 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I guess having your singles grow over time is better than peaking in week 1 and then dropping like a stone. 

I know a couple of songs :billie: 

RichAssPiss
4 hours ago, lifeasgeorge said:

omg my baby boy did it :flutter:

He's really starting to solidify his name; so deserved and all of this without any tactics, just quality music :applause:

source.gif

I really like the song and Harry but it's a stretch to say there were no tactics. They spent the last week promoting streaming parties, selling single bundles, majorly discounting the song on all platforms, releasing extra visuals (a BTS and tour visual), and even made a discounted instrumental available to generate extra sales.

gagaisitalian

Watermelon Sugar is one of the best songs from a male artist I've heard in years. He really delivered some great musical composition and vocals, even if it's silly lyrics. I stan him right behind Gaga so hard.

lifeasgeorge
34 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

I really like the song and Harry but it's a stretch to say there were no tactics. They spent the last week promoting streaming parties, selling single bundles, majorly discounting the song on all platforms, releasing extra visuals (a BTS and tour visual), and even made a discounted instrumental available to generate extra sales.

I wasn't aware of that but to be fair the song had an organic rise to the top 10 before his team made this big push to get the #1; still a big feat for him especially as a british artist!

live and let live

1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm still a bit clueless as to why it picked up so late on in the game when the video had been out a while and I still don't know why its so beloved either but there could be worse songs at the top and it's nice to see that later singles can still be hits. It might make labels reconsider halting promo once the album gets released these days. As for Billie, I can't get over how low this single is charting. I know it probably isn't her lead but even so, I thought her fans were quite intense by this point?

Unlike US charts most of the time, there's a lot of one-week #1's so far. The top spot has been a constant revolving door this year where you can't predict from one week to the next. It must be because so many of us are stuck indoors due to Covid and desperate for anything new, so we jump on every new song to come along.

Watermelon Sugar is a bit of a summer song so it’s possible it picked up in the US because of the warmer weather. Might even have started trending on TikTok or something, though I don’t use that so I have no idea

Justin Drew Bieber
47 minutes ago, RichAssPiss said:

Idk about major discounts, it was only 29 cents cheaper on iTunes, even though it was 99 cents it wasn’t 69 cents. 

DOJA CAT

I wonder what the largest amount of singles has been released to go #1, like Harry's had his fourth and Doja had her fifth

thank u, next

RichAssPiss
42 minutes ago, Majora said:

Idk about major discounts, it was only 29 cents cheaper on iTunes, even though it was 99 cents it wasn’t 69 cents. 

It was 69 cents and so was the instrumental.

BABYL0N

Radio easily made this one a hit, Sign Of The Times and Adore You deserved the same treatment too tbh

happy for Harry he deserves all his success 

TimisaMonster

The song is meh for me but congrats I guess for him 

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

RichAssPiss
1 hour ago, Majora said:

"The song (its original version and an instrumental) was also sale-priced to 69 cents at all digital retailers during the tracking week."

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9431815/harry-styles-watermelon-sugar-hot-100

Archived