🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

💌 The September fan envelope is here! 💌
Sign in to follow this  
opinion

This needs to be said

BadGurlMadge
Posted (edited)

Listen to me. At this point you all are tired of all “blah blah blah should be a single” and “blah blah blah shouldn’t”. But you all seem to have one thing in common, wanting 911 and Replay to be singles. These songs would never work as single material. Remember G.U.Y and Marry The Night? Huge fan favourites that everyone said would be huge. Did they get successful? NO. They flopped harder than G.U.Y

So please, think realistic what people would like:awkney:

yes this thread needed to be done, because otherwise we’d have 1000 meltdowns if 911 or Replay would’ve been singles and flopped.

@Twitter a little help here to the responses please:fatcat:

Edited by BadGurlMadge
I guess Haroon is on top for last visited my profile again
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

monster

Finally someone with common sense :tony: 

⛧Kein mitleid für die mehrheit⛧
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Sour Candy

Should I write again that nothing from the album will work except SC due to streams and views? :ally:

so sweet then i get a little angry
  • Thanks 2

heygurlhi

Replay and 911 flop risk = 100%

we should not make decisions for ha 

Ignore me i drink
  • Thanks 2

27monster27

Yes, singles do under perform when they are not radio friendly, and fan favorite does not always mean single material. Thank you for mentioning this so more people can understand this.

However, Marry The Night and G.U.Y. underperforming had more to do with mismanagement of the era for the former, and... well a whole host of issues for the other.

STAN: Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Madonna, Britney Spears, and Froy Gutierrez.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

NFRockwell
Posted (edited)

I doubt anything else off the album would work as a single. ROM was really the only single worthy song, Stupid Love rode off the hype of being a lead, and Sour Candy is a wasted opportunity now. She should just release videos now and not really promote any song specifically and rather focus on promoting the album as a whole. 

I read someone say SFA is going to be used to promote perfume and Babylon is for Apple promo, and I think these are both great ways to promote the album and give visuals without actually pushing a song.

Edited by NFRockwell
  • Like 9

BadGurlMadge
Just now, Sour Candy said:

Should I write again that nothing from the album will work except SC due to streams and views? :ally:

Babylon would actually work and Alice or maybe even Free Woman since they charted when the album got released. Nothing else imo and maybe not even Alice would

joannesrats

replay would be her next bad romance and i will die on this hill no matter how wrong i know i am

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2

Towelney

Babylon or Alice should be the next singles :legend:

🥀 ℑ’𝔪 𝔦𝔫 𝔞 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 ℑ’𝔪 𝔲𝔭 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔱𝔥 🥀
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

the Devil of Pop

Imagine this playing on the radio at a little girl's clothing store: "THE SCARS ON MY MIND ARE ON REPLAY RE REPLAY" :awkney:

Imagine this playing on the radio at an old people's doctor's office: "POP A 911 POP A 911 THEN POP ANOTHER ONE" :awkney:

Remember kids, single releases are for the GP and for everyone, not just cool club gheys like us

How can I protect something so perfect without evil?
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 1

BadGurlMadge
Just now, joannesrats said:

replay would be her next bad romance

I’m gonna see ya in the charts thread when it debuts at #31, then goes #85 and then OUT

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1

joannesrats
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

I’m gonna see ya in the charts thread when it debuts at #31, then goes #85 and then OUT

see you there! <3 

tenor.gif

(Realistically, I know that there aren't many good GP singles on this album - I just love Replay because it gave me the same adrenaline rush I felt the first time I heard Bad Romance. I think Replay is the best pop song in her discography)

Edited by joannesrats
  • Like 3

PartySick

911 would need a single version. The biggest hook in that song is the transition from Chromatilude into it and that wouldn't be present in a radio mix.

I just want visuals and special attention for Replay :ohwell:

I have a hard time imagining any song as a single though. Gaga's definitely an album artist where each track exists within the context of the larger project.

🇲ake🇦ssholes🇬o🇦way
  • Like 1

Where is LG7

and in the meantime, can we all agree to vote for Gaga & Ariana?

• YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 1

lifeasgeorge

ehhh idk we also thought that Shallow was going to flop the first day it came out and that The Cure was gp friendly and radio would eat it up 

The real lesson is the fans are terrible at guessing the success of Gaga singles :yennefer:

But either way I'd rather Gaga take a risk with 911/Replay/Alice than play it safe with FW 

live and let live
  • Like 6