💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Free Woman is not Single-Worthy

GAGASEXUAL

Featured Posts

MonsterofFame
30 minutes ago, JK Rowling said:

What does American radio want? :saladga::saladga::saladga:  Shallow was initially slammed by GGD but look at it now. 

Shallow got lucky because it went viral from people on TikTok and Twitter trying to hit the high note on the chorus. Almost no one could do it close to Gaga hence the fun of watching them all.

A slow guitar ballad like that in 2018 would've never hit #1 on the radio otherwise.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cookie Tookie

Stopped reading at “Worst song on Chromatica next to 1000 Doves”.

ha ha lol GIF

Jonathanholland

Nobody knows what the GP wants. People on here thought Shallow would flop yet were convinced The Cure and G.U.Y. would be smash hits. 

3 minutes ago, MonsterofFame said:

Shallow got lucky because it went viral from people on TikTok and Twitter trying to hit the high note on the chorus. Almost no one could do it close to Gaga hence the fun of watching them all.

A slow guitar ballad like that in 2018 would've never hit #1 on the radio otherwise.

Yeah Shallow smashed because of twitter and TikTok :poot:

Before there was love, there was silence

eunino

Omg you are all being so pessimist about it and i hate to agree with you all lol

its sad but I don’t think any of those songs would become a hit like Rain on Me potential - and I really like Free Woman.

And that’s why it sucked that they didn’t push ROM as much as it deserved.

Nosferatu

No song in Chromatica is going to be a hit. It's very hard to push a single after the album's already been out for months in the streaming era.

I also don't want Free Woman to be a single though, but that's because it's one of the worst songs in the album imo :bear:

berlinforme

I think this "it's very GP/radio friendly"-argument is very misleading. The album version of Free Woman sounds like a nice EDM-song, but in my opinion it's not unique or special. It's a good song, but you could have any other pop girl sing it. And why is radio friendliness still such an argument? Radio can boost a song, but with streaming it's not the central factor to a song's performance anymore.

If a song's radio friendly, that means to me it's something my mom can easily listen to while she's driving to the grocery shop. That's really not what Lady Gaga is about imo (little soccer moms might protest). A song with a sound that stands out from other pop songs might work for her, if not chartwise then at least to spark some interest in her. But in 2020 I really don't think that Gaga can have a successful single that's just safe and radio friendly. It's not like the other songs on the album are guaranteed hits, but personally I'd much rather see her try something different than play it safe. 

Nylon Smile

The era is over. The ship has sailed. No point in releasing singles that no one will bother with (and on top of that appalling single choices like FW or SC). You can’t just dip out at the start of your era and comeback 3 months later, people moved on. Not to mention that we’ve been through this before with GUY.

Chromatography

i can’t at people saying this is radio friendly, it’s not. maybe 5 years ago

Gracious Gaga

I don’t think there’s many options for singles on this album, period 

♄ Kindness Police.

FentyGa

it’s kinda basic, but it’s catchy and would do GREAT on radio. streaming? idk. but radio definitely

FentyGa
2 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Lmao Shallow's impact was because of the Oscars, not just a viral Tik Tok.

you’re saying that like one is more valid than the other:ladyhaha: if anything, a tik tok trend gives songs more longevity than a one-night event

MessyTop
1 hour ago, GAGASEXUAL said:

I hate negative threads especially if it's about Gaga and her art but even though I love Free Woman, it is the WORST song on Chromatica besides 1000 Doves. I don't think it will be as successful as previous singles. This album is full of potential hits but Free Woman is not one of them imo. I didn't make this thread to spread negativity but to understand the hype behind it. Can someone explain why do you think Free Woman should be a single? (Again, I love Free Woman but not as much as the rest of the album)

You are entitled to your wrong opinion. Free woman is a bop and a perfect single 

ryansamonster

It has done well on the Billboard dance charts and recently there was a thread saying it passed 100k sales. It is also streaming better than most of the other album tracks. I don’t see anything wrong with it being a single but at this point, if a video has already been shot, it may just be a treat to keep the era going and not an official single release. She already has a #5 and #1 song and a #1 album. The success has already been established. 

Archived