💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Free Woman is not Single-Worthy

GAGASEXUAL

Featured Posts

G U C C I

I can't imagine Free Woman as a single or any other song off the album. In terms of hit singles the album only had one real contender and that was ROM. SL only performed well in the beginning because people were hyped to have new music from Gaga. I understand that this album is wonderful and a masterpiece to a large portion of her fan base but it is far from perfection and not GP friendly. I'm happy she seems to be pleased with it and thinks the album is a timeless dance piece (she said this on Gaga Radio) and that she was able to make it with a close friend. I hope if she does release another single it does well and I will be here to stream and support her but it only because its her and I want her to succeed. I am looking forward to her future acting roles and hopefully more music that is unique and powerful.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Decodekid

I personally think it’s the safest option, that doesn’t make it the best one though. The lyrics can be relatable and the production is radio friendly :yennefer: 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Rifek

Free Woman is the most radio-friendly solo Gaga track on Chromatica. 

It sounds like other songs on the radio, GP will like it because It’s catchy and fun. 

It really gives you positive vibes and has a very popular break after the first chorus which is often well received by pop music fans and club lovers. 

She also serves vocals. 

The length of the song is perfect. Not too long and not too short.

I think it is really safe option.

And the music video was probably shot before pandemic so she’s gonna give us visuals. 

❗️ IG: thebumblebee__ ❗️

eeaarrllaalloo

the way Alice is the Scheisse
and Free Woman is the Bad Kid/The Queen

"By FaR ThE MoSt IrRiTatInG PoSteR oN "ChRoMaTiCa" DisCusSion.

President Biden

FW is the second best next single choice

We all know 1000 Doves is the best

I got drunk

Borislshere

I legit can't see anymore songs on chromatica being singles. Not saying they're bad songs, i just don't think they're radio friendly? Rain on Me was the closest to that. 

rasclautmangos

I'm not against free woman being a single, I just don't think it will be very successful. I'm not getting the GP friendly vibe AT ALL that many of you seem to be getting.

I don't think SC will be released as a single, so I think Babylon or Sine from above are the only two that will do decently on the charts. A lot of you disagree with that as well, so idk. There may be no 3rd single at all.

Reality

I think it’s difficult to see which songs will work as a single and which ones won’t. We always like to talk about which songs are the most “radio friendly,” but if we look at Gaga’s track record with her most popular songs, very, very few of them are actually “radio friendly.” The only hit song of hers that I would consider to be radio friendly is Million Reasons. ROM, while radio friendly, truthfully isn’t as big as it should be. There’s still a lot more potential for the song. Just Dance, Poker Face, Bad Romance, Alejandro, BTW, TEOG, Applause, Shallow, etc. are all not the typical “radio friendly” songs, yet they all did very well.

I think with Gaga, all that matters is that the GP hear a song that they like. It doesn’t necessarily need to be radio friendly for them to enjoy it. I think, quite frankly, people expect a lot more from Gaga because of just how different she is from everyone else. Personally, I think FW might be a little too safe, if anything. There’s nothing that’s remarkably different or unique about the song, IMO.

🃏🖤👹

RainingOnMe

Free Woman is the worst song on the album. So generic and flavorless. Praying it's nothing more than an advertisement song for that champagne company. 

It’s literally the most commercial song on the album apart from Sour Candy. Y’all are crazy if you think Alice or 911 would do well on radio. If Rain On Me was rejected on American radio, imagine those songs.

whoresup

I agree! I don’t think it will stand out on radio. :haroon: I was listening to Sour Candy the other day and I was thinking how good it would sound on radio BUT they would have to change it up so it wasn’t Blankpink for the first whole minute, radio listeners need to know it’s a GaGa song 

CHROMATICON
2 minutes ago, rasclautmangos said:

I'm not against free woman being a single, I just don't think it will be very successful. I'm not getting the GP friendly vibe AT ALL that many of you seem to be getting.

I don't think SC will be released as a single, so I think Babylon or Sine from above are the only two that will do decently on the charts. A lot of you disagree with that as well, so idk. There may be no 3rd single at all.

When we say it's GP friendly is because it's an easy song for locals to digest, it has a fun summer-y beat with simple yet meaninful lyrics AND it's catchy. If we are being honest, Free Woman is the only Chromatica song left tha could at least become a Top 30 or something. Alice would flop, 911 would flop, SFA would flop, even SC would flop cuz radios wouldn't play any of them, and I'm not saying they'd play FW cuz they barely spinned ROM and it had Ari, but still, both sonically and lyrically, the only song that makes sense as the next single is FW. 

MANiCURE 6

Rain On Me is the real HIT song of this album.

I can't see other single doing well... Maybe Babylon 

But honestly I don't really care ^^

I'd love to see a MV for every songs of the album 

Aga Gydal

I don't want to be *that* person, but aside from maaaaybe Sour Candy, there are no obvious chart darlings on this album, and I think fans need to let go of that fantasy. Rain On Me is the most single-friendly song on here and it's doing great globally, but reception to it has been relatively tepid here in the U.S. 

From this point on, I think we need to lower our expectations and realize that any singles/music videos releasing from now on are mainly for the fans. This is house/dance music, and the commercial climate has really changed in the past 5 years. Dance-pop is much more niche than people care to admit. Stupid Love and Rain On Me had amazing chart debuts because she has a massive following, and we can probably get single #3 to a top 30 placement. But this idea that she's sitting on a goldmine of smash hits and is opting for the "worst song" is highkey delusion.

And to your point, Free Woman is actually getting higher streams than the other album tracks (sans-Sour Candy) so if her team was really looking at data to inform their third single decision, Free Woman makes the most sense. 

Franch Toast
14 minutes ago, Rifek said:

Free Woman is the most radio-friendly solo Gaga track on Chromatica. 

It sounds like other songs on the radio, GP will like it because It’s catchy and fun. 

It really gives you positive vibes and has a very popular break after the first chorus which is often well received by pop music fans and club lovers. 

She also serves vocals. 

The length of the song is perfect. Not too long and not too short.

I think it is really safe option.

And the music video was probably shot before pandemic so she’s gonna give us visuals. 

All of the above. Plus, it's an empowering, feel-good song. It gives me that "I'm Every Woman" (Chaka Khan/Whitney) vibe. She just needs to give one stellar performance of the song and perhaps a video with over-the top visuals. 

She/Her/Hers

Archived