💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

"Thank you's" in CD booklets?

COOOK

Featured Posts

RAMROD
Just now, COOOK said:

What's new to me is that ARTPOP was the last time she included thank you's in her booklets :saladga: Not saying this as a negative thing or a complaint, more like just wondering if it's a common move and everybody stopped doing that by the time Joanne was released or she just plain stopped

I feel like she could do it out of artistic purpose.

Like, say, Joanne and Chromatica are both personal albums for her, which she wrote for her family and herself, first and foremost. Perhaps she takes thank you notes would cheapen the purpose? Who knows.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

FfFfFfFF
Just now, COOOK said:

I like this so much more than the hardcover wth!! :bradley:

Yea, I accidentally posted a link to a fan-made booklet but I love that one as well. :enigma:

Woohoo
44 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I've never seen those before :giveup: thank you so much! :wub:

"I heard if you record Gaga snoring and play it backward it sounds like an act. 2 unreleased."

FfFfFfFF
3 minutes ago, Woohoo said:

I've never seen those before :giveup: thank you so much! :wub:

You're welcome! :happy:

HausOfMark

I think it costs more money to add additional pages and past couple CD's I have bought dont have thank yous. Everyone is mostly digital now and also we know who they would thank thru social medias. 

-Mark

COOOK
4 minutes ago, HausOfMark said:

and also we know who they would thank thru social medias

True! Now most of them post a pic of the photoshoot or the album cover, thanking them in the caption too

Kao Intouch

Ellie's new album still have thank you notes to her fans, interscope team etc. It's pretty cute tbh. :heart:

Spoiler

M1CLtcHL.jpg

CantGetEnough
4 hours ago, COOOK said:

I thought so, but then I noticed at least from the CDs that I own that the ones that have lyrics are from artists who write their own songs. For example Rihanna and Beyoncé’s never had lyrics, even though they have some writing credits here and there...

I'm sure it varies by label, artist, concept...not necessarily by songwriting credit. I imagine it costs money to design additional pages and fit text, perhaps some artists/labels wanted to forego those costs once physical sales began to dwindle. 

Archived