• Created
  • Last Reply
Andy McQueen
31 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I’ve never heard of The Witches before
Is it good?

I love it tbh

The 1990 movie with Anjelica Huston is considered to be a cult classic now

But of course it's subjective, personally I'm totally into it. It's camp, dark, whimsical, funny, creepy/spooky all at the same time. 

HeavyMetalLover

I’m getting Tim Burton’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory vibes from this. :bear: Not too excited.

i don't remember ARTPOP

Andy McQueen

I understand your concerns, I'm sceptical too. Still, I hope it will turn out good and refreshing. Remember Zemeckis also directed "Death Becomes Her" back in the day. So maybe there is hope he will find to his "roots" again. 

Also: Guillermo del Toro and Alfonso Cuarón usually make great stuff, too. Let's hope. Fingers crossed. 

Stephen

I'm so excited :air: I love Anne and the other movie, and the book and all of Roald Dahl's books.

Wet dream tbh. They better not screw it up!

Runway

They used to play this movie on tv all the time when i was little. I love Anne Hathaway and think she can nail it and this is fairly different from anything she's done

Andy McQueen

I'm excited to see how the witches will look unmasked this time, though. They will still use professional prosthetic makeup.

Andy McQueen

I like to imagine Miranda Priestly being secretly proud that her two former assistants are now Mary Poppins and the Grand High Witch.

Andy McQueen
6 hours ago, Doot said:

I've never actually heard of the movie nor book. I'll have to check them out. 

Awesome! :sara:

Hope you will like it. It's definitely "not for everyone" and others might hate it or not care about it at all, but I think you should give it a try. :)

Archived