💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Poster of "The Witches" remake with Anne Hathaway leaks

Andy McQueen

Featured Posts

Andy McQueen

Are you excited for this new movie version? What are your thoughts? Did you like the original novel by Roald Dahl and/or the 1990 film adaptation with Anjelica Huston? 

I love both the book and the 1990 cult classic so I'm kind of excited for a fresh, high-budget take on the story but at the same time I'm also quite sceptical if it will work out. Anjelica Huston slayed so much as The Grand High Witch tbh, it will not be easy for Anne Hathaway to replicate that, I guess. (Although I'm sure her take on the character will be entirely different...)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CAUTIOUSLY excited af. This was my favourite children book growing up and I love Anne, Octavia and Stanley, just scared about Zemeckis screenplay and direction seeing that he hasn't made a good movie since Forrest Gump. Del Toro please come through. :pray:

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

The original is one of my favorite movies ever. This has big shoes to fill, so I hope it‘ll live up to the expectations I‘ve set for it. Especially considering how far technology, visual effects etc. have gotten since the original, this could be a fierce remake. The Poster is promising. 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

berlinforme
11 minutes ago, Noah said:

The original is one of my favorite movies ever. This has big shoes to fill, so I hope it‘ll live up to the expectations I‘ve set for it. Especially considering how far technology, visual effects etc. have gotten since the original, this could be a fierce remake. The Poster is promising. 

Honestly, I think technology and CGI might even destroy the charm of the movie if not executed well. I just watched the original last week and was surprised how well most of it aged because they were using actual props and make-up etc., not just CGI effects. 

35 minutes ago, berlinforme said:

Honestly, I think technology and CGI might even destroy the charm of the movie if not executed well. I just watched the original last week and was surprised how well most of it aged because they were using actual props and make-up etc., not just CGI effects. 

Oh yeah, I can see that being a problem :/ 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Galvon

Omg I already knew this remake was about to happen but I didn't remember Anne Hathaway was going to be the Grand High Witch. I wish she had long dark hair tho.:flutter: But that would probably be not as interesting or original anymore or too much Morticia Adams like. I wouldn't mind cause she could look just like the book illustration, but oh well.

Not sure if this should be called a remake, if it's just another adaption on the book, but I'm excited af! I hope this one sticks more to the book, since the first movie ending was a little disapointing to me, so I'm curious for that.

Guest WhoDoWeHaveHere

I remember being genuinely terrified. Those practical effects were the bomb und the witches design was unsettling. They will probably tone it down drastically. Still I love Roald Dahls stories. Looking forword to it.

Omg I have to see that! I never saw the original movie but I remember liking the book when I was little:kara:

I'm probably wrong

berlinforme
33 minutes ago, WhoDoWeHaveHere said:

I remember being genuinely terrified. Those practical effects were the bomb und the witches design was unsettling. They will probably tone it down drastically. Still I love Roald Dahls stories. Looking forword to it.

This! As I said above, I just rewatched it and the witches' design is so grotesque, must be actually frightening if you see it as a child. :lolga:

Born This Way

There’s just absolutely no way I could see Anne Hathaway being Angelica Houston’s character. I’ve never read the book so idk if the original movie stuck to it or if this time they’re doing a more faithful adaptation or what. I am just highly skeptical.

Reset my mind's IP, delete what I don't need

Sepsami

The way this traumatized me back then :messga: years laters it's one of my favorite movies of all time and it still unsettles me today :laughga:

Archived