movie

Poster of "The Witches" remake with Anne Hathaway leaks

Andy McQueen

Featured Posts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Gloria

I don't know how I feel about this. Anjelica Huston's take on the Grand High Witch is such a classic, iconic performance and visual aesthetic. I guess they're going for not being compared to the original. 

On 8/10/2020 at 3:20 PM, Andy McQueen said:

466df7c068e62eca60994bc9ce2327ce.gif

I hope the grand high witch will still look this narly and awsome

StrawberryBlond

I'm still really wary about this remake, I only found out about it recently and it seemed so surreal. I just can't see Anne Hathaway in this role. I know the Grand High Witch is supposed to be a beautiful character to the outside world but she's wearing a mask to hide her true ugliness underneath but I don't know, Angelica just looked more like an blatantly evil, sinister character, she was always good at playing witchy type roles, as well as her commanding voice. Anne also seems a bit too young for this role, I thought it should go to someone middle-aged. I'm really interested to wonder how the effects will be handled. Everyone says how terrifying the high witch looked without her mask but honestly, I thought the book illustration was a lot more frightening. But I can imagine that will be deemed too terrifying for kids today. What got me in the original was that her nose was way too big and clearly wouldn't have fitted under her mask whereas in the book, it's like her nose has been shrunken and rotted away. I predict awful CGI for this and it'll probably be a lot more campy as well.

Andy McQueen

I will re-watch the original movie today and than re-read the original book. :)

Cello

I loved the book, and the original movie is absolutely perfect. I wish we could have fewer remakes and more original films.

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

RudraCNG

Didn't know they had made a film based on the book :sweat: it was one of my fav books when I was a child.

Andy McQueen

I kinda get "American Horror Story: Hotel" vibes from the Poster, Anne Hathaway as Grand High Witch seems similar to Lady Gaga as The Countess. 

Andy McQueen
2 hours ago, RudraCNG said:

Didn't know they had made a film based on the book :sweat: it was one of my fav books when I was a child.

You should definitely check it out! It's on Putlocker, Couchtuner, Netflix, Amazon Prime, iTunes, Google Video, YouTube, also available on Blu-Ray Disc and DVD and several other platforms and streaming services. I think it's quite an underrated gem. :)

I just re-watched it today and I'm excited how the new upcoming movie next year will be like, I guess very different from the 1990 version. 

Archived