💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Meaning behind the ARTPOP street performance

Reject False Icons

Featured Posts

Reject False Icons

I guess we never knew what did she wanted to express with the street performances she did during the ARTPOP era, the conspiranoids say it’s mind control... :ladyhaha: 
i just enjoyed seeing Gaga doing it but I never questioned what it meant, walking super slowly, posing, standing still??? What did it all mean? Marina abramovic is referenced?

berlinforme

In Berlin she healed the historic divide of the city and its people. It's much better since she came here!

River

the 1st one she was like a statue of a faerie/healer/salvation/god-like

the 2nd she was just tired to walk

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Reject False Icons
2 minutes ago, berlinforme said:

In Berlin she healed the historic divide of the city and its people. It's much better since she came here!

Queen of reunifying countries :tony:

Rhiannon

In the second one, my interpretation is that it could be a reflection of the deep depression she was in. Sometimes, when you’re depressed, it feels like there’s such a weight that is always slowing you down, you feel like you can’t move on with life, you feel like you’re stuck and can’t help but see everybody around you moving at another paste. It feels like the world around you moves so fast and you can’t catch your breath.

I love the way she experimented with performance art during the ARTPOP era... I miss it a lot.

R.

4 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

I'd like to know what does her security think about it. :ladyhaha:

At 1:25 of the second video that guy turns around and looks at the other like “FFS! You seeing this?” And then the other looked like “I’m over it.”

Reject False Icons
4 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

In the second one, my interpretation is that it could be a reflection of the deep depression she was in. Sometimes, when you’re depressed, it feels like there’s such a weight that is always slowing you down, you feel like you can’t move on with life, you feel like you’re stuck and can’t help but see everybody around you moving at another paste. It feels like the world around you moves so fast and you can’t catch your breath.

I love the way she experimented with performance art during the ARTPOP era... I miss it a lot.

i love your interpretation :heart:

Helxig

All I know is that part of the Marina Abramovich method of performance art is very slow, controlled movement and hyper-focusing on emotions. It's like a meditative/self-hypnotic state. That's why she's crying in the second one, and also why during the artRAVE she was very still during her entrance and moved very slowly. She was centering herself in the performance art mindset.

Also I think her dog died at the time of the second one if I remember correctly?..  I also get that it has something to do with being a tortured artist, and the first one is something to do with honouring Venus/goddess of love. My brain has always been so close to working it out...

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

NewUsername

In one of the interviews around that time, she explained it, If I remember well. A bit like @Helxig said.
Something about being very much in the moment and being very self-aware.

3 hours ago, Reject False Icons said:

Marina abramovic is referenced?

Most definetly:firega:

I didn't know she did that:bradley: Ugh wish she did more art with that passion

I'm probably wrong

Archived