💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Do you miss Gaga producing?

looking4wonderland

Featured Posts

looking4wonderland

So? Title says it all, really. But to elaborate, on ARTPOP and Chromatica Gaga handed over tracks to random people and premade beats after she wrote lyrics. To me, I can absolutely tell the difference in quality when compared to Born This Way (which had her fingerprints on every single note, lyric and melody). She’s beyond capable of heavily helping produce her music, as proven by Born This Way and Venus - and it always turns out for the better (imo). I personally hope she goes back to whipping her producers to her absolute desire and making sure each song is just the way she wants it. A lot of the tracks on both ARTPOP and Chromatica, to me, feel like somebody else’s work with Gaga’s vocals slapped on top. 

SeIena Gomez

Uh Gaga didn’t use premade beats on Chromatica - weren’t most of the tracks recorded on the piano and then had the instrumentals shaped around them? (Which explains why some of the instrumentals are kind of basic)

yes and

Not really. Most Chromatica tracks are quite similar to her previous work and you can easily feel Gaga's involvement. 
Stupid Love = DWUW/The Cure
911 = Venus
Replay is something that can be created by Gaga/RedOne. 
Enigma vocals = PI vocals and so on. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

I can definitely say I personally feel a slight detachment from her in regards to the production on the album, but she may have been more involved than we think. 

We will hopefully learn much more about this over the rest of the Gaga radio interviews. 

TimisaMonster

I do wish she was more involved but this album seemed like she really had to extend herself a lot more forcefully to be creative and write and make this album...

I want her to produce more music for sure...i just think producing isn't her strong suit so she rather let others take more of a lead on it...she writes and sings

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

looking4wonderland

She literally said she handed the tracks over to several producers and just let them do whatever they wanted. Bloodpop said they changed things without ever consulting her and hoped she liked it at the end of the day. So no need to get defensive - it just is what it is.

ristretto
5 minutes ago, looking4wonderland said:

She literally said she handed the tracks over to several producers and just let them do whatever they wanted. Bloodpop said they changed things without ever consulting her and hoped she liked it at the end of the day. So no need to get defensive - it just is what it is.

This. Gaga hadn’t even heard the final version of ROM we got until like, a month before we got it. This process was different.

10 minutes ago, looking4wonderland said:

Exactly. This is how she chose to do it, and the result is the result. I think it's a good result. I love the album.

looking4wonderland
2 minutes ago, mauvais said:

I don't really think of Gaga as a producer based off her catalog but it just dawned on me she basically produced all the good ASIB songs with just one or two other people and no one talks about it :fatcat:

I always think of her as a producer of her own music because she produced The Fame, The Fame Monster and Born This Way. RedOne, Fernando and DJWS have all gone on record saying that she was so involved in her songs productions that she actually did more than they did in many cases. 

ThePopDevil

Gaga was involved with ARTPOP but she just didnt write the tracks on piano first then produce them electronically she went straight to the computer and for chromatica gaga is still the executive producer on every album and on chromatica as well so nothing can go past in production that she didnt approve but she wasnt involved heavily in the production side this time she focused more on the songwriting part.

With that said i do miss gaga being involved heavily with production cuz she has such a unique view as a producer with a perfect blend of experimental and pop. The process behind chromatica was different yes but it doesnt make it bad she just simply preferred this way this time probably and probably thought people who are producers by profession would pay better homage to classic house and dance music 

ThePopDevil
30 minutes ago, MANiCURE 6 said:

I think she produced "Love Me Right" ?

Bloodpop and Burns produced it

FfFfFfFF

ARTPOP is the album that has Venus which the first song she was the lead producer for so I don't think it's quite fair to say it's an album she wasn't as involved production-wise. I feel like ARTPOP, Born This Way and Chromatica are all essential Gaga albums and you can hear it in their melodies and instrumentals.

RabbitHeart

If we're being honest, I don't think of BTW (the song) or Venus as having the best production quality :poot: as much as I love Venus and will stan ARTPOP to the end, it feels like Gaga still learning the ropes of producing. I think Chromatica has a much cleaner feel to it.

I do think BTW and ARTPOP had moments where they really went for it (I'm thinking of like the outros to MANICURE and Highway Unicorn) and the closest Chromatica gets to it is the outro to SFA. This was probably limited by their clear intention of keeping almost every song under 3:30 but hope in the future they find a way to get the best of both worlds.

Archived