💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would 911 be misinterpreted?

Doot

Featured Posts

The song is one of my faves on the album, but I'm curious as to how the lyrics of the song would go over with the general public, given the social issues happening presently. 

I've read a few comments online where the user is thinking the song is about shooting cops.  "pop a 911".  Now, all of these comments had people explaining what they were actually referring to, so that's good. 

But do you this would potentially have an effect on how the song would be perceived?

It's a tricky question for me because it would simply be a nice addition to her "hits" by having "CII/911" as a single. 

:oprah:

Blastertoyo
4 minutes ago, Doot said:

CII

My biggest enemy is me

pop a C11

:enigma:

please enlighten me to death

Quartz

I don't think so, seeing it won't be released as a single :ohwell:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

KatieJudasGaga4

Has the GP ever understood Gaga's lyrics? I mean, look at Judas. Some people took it too literal :smh:

EuphoricVibez

I doubt the GP has, or will ever understand Gaga's lyrics even if they're on the nose like they are on Chromatica. :selena:

He/him/his

Jose P

I have no idea how anyone can have such poor comprehension that they will equate “pop a 911” to shooting cops or something when the rest of the lyrics so obviously show that the song is about something else. Sometimes I just don’t understand the GP :saladga:

5 minutes ago, Jose P said:

I have no idea how anyone can have such poor comprehension that they will equate “pop a 911” to shooting cops or something when the rest of the lyrics so obviously show that the song is about something else. Sometimes I just don’t understand the GP :saladga:

:shrug:

Looking back at the video reactions to the song, a lot of people said the same too. 

curious, curious. 

GregJA

If someone takes the song and thinks its supposed to be kill a cop 

they can leave earth (not for chromatica)

people are so stupid :saladga:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

BillieGOAT

I was thinking this was going to be about the lyric “pop a 911” possibly being heard as glorifying medication/drugs.. I guess there’s multiple pitfalls in 911 for the GP:saladga:

hardcore1996

honestly when i saw the tracklist i thought it was about 9/11 her being from new york and all that :bear:

however i dont 100% believe her that its only about her anti psychotic meds i think she did write it about substance abuse too, but she doesnt want to encourage that at this point

Yes I think it has a high chance that it would be misinterpreted, which is why I don't think it should be chosen for a single 

Archived