music news

KP -“Resilient” , “Teary Eyes” & “Cry About It Later” snippet

SLAG

Featured Posts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MANiCURE1295

Y’all I love Katy but I understand the criticism against Katy not evolving, chill. Just cause people don’t agree with your opinions doesn’t mean they’re trolls. They just don’t agree wirh you :ohwell:

4 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Y’all I love Katy but I understand the criticism against Katy not evolving, chill. Just cause people don’t agree with your opinions doesn’t mean they’re trolls. They just don’t agree wirh you :ohwell:

But there is still a difference between constructive criticism and just diminishing the artist for the sake of diminishing the artist. Also this thread is more or less for people who enjoys listening to her, so 

1. why coming on this thread if you don't like her?

2. why commenting and being just negative ? 

When the same happens with Gaga, there's a riot, well it's the same for every artist and every thread.  

6 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I'm sorry but saying "This, again, just prove how much I dislike her and her always the same music." isn't exactly constructive criticism. I chose to scroll past the drama and not quote the users because they're not worth it and I know GGD users love a good argument. But I can see how some would get annoyed and want to respond. If I don't like someone or a topic I just don't enter the thread. We're all adult here.

beaublue
8 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I don’t think anyone has an issue with disagreeing. The issue lies with the people who come into every Katy thread complaining about the same stuff or straight up throwing shade/insults. There just isn’t a need for the constant negativity you & other users bring to Katy threads. Especially when those of us who enjoy Katy’s music wanna celebrate & share in the excitement.

MANiCURE1295
10 minutes ago, lestyoufall said:

I don’t think anyone has an issue with disagreeing. The issue lies with the people who come into every Katy thread complaining about the same stuff or straight up throwing shade/insults. There just isn’t a need for the constant negativity you & other users bring to Katy threads. Especially when those of us who enjoy Katy’s music wanna celebrate & share in the excitement.

I definitely don’t come into every Katy thread and am very excited for the album and will definitely be listening. But think whatever you want lol.

Imma just leave the thread and make some dinner lol. Y’all are sensitive af

MANiCURE1295
16 minutes ago, Eido said:

But there is still a difference between constructive criticism and just diminishing the artist for the sake of diminishing the artist. Also this thread is more or less for people who enjoys listening to her, so 

1. why coming on this thread if you don't like her?

2. why commenting and being just negative ? 

When the same happens with Gaga, there's a riot, well it's the same for every artist and every thread.  

1) Love Katy idk what you’re talking about, I just mentioned that I didn’t like Witness...chill

2) I’m allowed to say my thoughts on her artistic growth and hope that eventually she dives into some different genres and types of music 

and I don’t get your last point, plenty of people on this site **** on Gaga so what’s your point? Lol

Gangie

"Teary Eyes"sounds promising. The rest didn’t make me wanna hear it again but we shall see. I’m glad she’s happy and I think her fans will love the record and that is the most important thing.

If I like it, then that's what I get!

3 hours ago, Gangie said:

"Teary Eyes"sounds promising. The rest didn’t make me wanna hear it again but we shall see. I’m glad she’s happy and I think her fans will love the record and that is the most important thing.

That part! :enigma:

4 hours ago, lestyoufall said:

Your opinion but what isn’t opinion is that Witness IS different from her past work sonically, lyrically, melodically, even commercially. Regardless of whether or not you like the album, it’s different. She even changed her writing habits on that album, I could go into detail about all the numerous things she did on that album that were unique to Witness. The song form, production, melodic structure. I personally love the album & think it’s great. I also know music theory & can appreciate music in a way others can’t unless they have that knowledge so maybe that’s where the difference in opinion lies. Either way, yes it was different regardless if it was for the better.

I also find your pointed tone comical as if you have the authority to dictate other people’s opinions as can be seen in your “stop acting like Witness was evolution.” Sorry you inform you but you do not hold power over the way others feel.

I could also point out the misogyny in your “opinion” & how you feel Katy has a responsibility to constantly change & evolve while others artist, male artists specifically, aren’t required to do the same. You’re here telling Katy she MUST change with every album cycle, she MUST show that she went through some hardship to evolve just for YOU or her music isn’t “good?” Yeah, take a look in the mirror babes.

Ok, can appreciate your points there but I find it really annoying that people like to connect things being mysoginistic, people need to realize that NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT GENDER. This is about Katy specifically, no one is talking about other artists, regardless of their gender.

4 hours ago, 776673564747836765 said:

She gave us Rise but people didn't like that so she is giving what people expect from her and what is in demand

This still sounds like a "katy Perry" song, I do not think this is revolutionary sonically, despite the different concept or subject.

Never Really Over, 365, and Harleys in Hawaii were all bops and a half, but based on these snippets and the singles she's released since then, i'm afraid the best has passed

still hoping this album does well and can produce another Top 20! :pawsup:

Bloody hooker

I have to wait until it’s released to fully judge. So far, I don’t like any of the new snippets. Teary Eyes doesn’t sound too bad.

This mutual gaze was a “longing to touch” or a "pre-coitus" stare.

Archived