Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Favorite Mylène Farmer album?

Musicisfreedom

Featured Posts

Peace
27 minutes ago, Esteban said:

One of the best opening ever, never tired of it :pray:

This intro ... the very first time 4 years ago when I saw this intro it exactly felt like Deja Vu...

Also I just found the Persian translation for song Innamoramento (my all time fav song of her) and damn why does it hurt so good in a poetic and romantic way, how could she write these words, and the performance at the end of Mylenium tour, like a grand and majestic goodbye ... 

From "L'autre" and "Anamorphosée" I have so many favs, every time I watch live version of Nous souviendrons nous I feel like I'm purifying my heart and soul in a dark and light and troubled path ... 

My God... she has so many great and Iconic songs, tours, openings , and videos that no one can come near to her and touch the footsteps she has taken ... 

I also like how private she is and she is not present in any social media places, it makes her presence and art much more valuable and wanted, every time I seer her waving goodbye in outro of her tours I feel like I'm saying goodbye to a very beloved friend or a lover which I'm not going to see for couple of years and I start to cry like a baby like I don't wanna say goodbye but even saying goodbye to her makes me sadly happy... 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Esteban
1 hour ago, Musicer said:

This intro ... the very first time 4 years ago when I saw this intro it exactly felt like Deja Vu...

Also I just found the Persian translation for song Innamoramento (my all time fav song of her) and damn why does it hurt so good in a poetic and romantic way, how could she write these words, and the performance at the end of Mylenium tour, like a grand and majestic goodbye ... 

From "L'autre" and "Anamorphosée" I have so many favs, every time I watch live version of Nous souviendrons nous I feel like I'm purifying my heart and soul in a dark and light and troubled path ... 

My God... she has so many great and Iconic songs, tours, openings , and videos that no one can come near to her and touch the footsteps she has taken ... 

I also like how private she is and she is not present in any social media places, it makes her presence and art much more valuable and wanted, every time I seer her waving goodbye in outro of her tours I feel like I'm saying goodbye to a very beloved friend or a lover which I'm not going to see for couple of years and I start to cry like a baby like I don't wanna say goodbye but even saying goodbye to her makes me sadly happy... 

As a french person, it seems amazing that her lyrics can be appreciate in another language. Her charm is above boundaries, once you are catch under her spell you can't let her go because her universe become a part of you, that's really strong. She has the power to connect people through an extreme sensibility like few people can do.

Peace
1 hour ago, Esteban said:

As a french person, it seems amazing that her lyrics can be appreciate in another language. Her charm is above boundaries, once you are catch under her spell you can't let her go because her universe become a part of you, that's really strong. She has the power to connect people through an extreme sensibility like few people can do.

I agree literally with all of your words,

I know zero French, and I can't even read or pronounce most of her songs/ album titles, reading Innamoramento in Persian today made me wish I could know French to enjoy her songs even more, however I know and listen to most of her discography and overtime of 3 years of listening to her songs, I can sing, sing along  my fav ones with her. 

Musicisfreedom
7 hours ago, Hyperballad said:

Innamoramento for SURE :giveup: I love the blend of Eastern and Western music along with the poetic and mesmerizing lyrics. It’s so euphoric and chilling. Not to mention the spectacular tour and the mesmerizing videos. By the end, I don’t know whether to feel ecstatic, completely depressed, or nothing :pray:

Fun fact: I discovered her when I was 12 and asked my few Twitter followers for foreign music recommendations, someone recommended her and I listened to Innamoramento out of complete boredom... Then I was hooked lol :air: Cut to 4 years later and I can speak/read a good amount of French, I have every single album, and I’m still completely obsessed :laughga: 

You are the one who recommended her to me! I couldn't be more grateful cuz she is now my favorite artist. There is nobody like her.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Hyperballad
18 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

You are the one who recommended her to me! I couldn't be more grateful cuz she is now my favorite artist. There is nobody like her.

that’s INCREDIBLE :giveup: I guess it’s true when everyone says there’s something mesmerizing about her :air:

Musicisfreedom
8 hours ago, Carpet Shark said:

Has everyone seen her 2019 concert movie yet? It's stupendous.

No one makes concert films like her. They are so good

Bitch I'm Madonna

elijahfan
8 hours ago, Carpet Shark said:

I was there :huntyga:

Musicisfreedom
3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I was there :huntyga:

So freakin lucky!! I'm oozing w jealousy

Bitch I'm Madonna

For me it is Innamoramento. That album is just...on another level. The thing is though...I have favorite songs of hers that are not on that album BUT as a full body of work, to me Innamoramento is just sublime as a whole.

Musicisfreedom
2 hours ago, dit said:

For me it is Innamoramento. That album is just...on another level. The thing is though...I have favorite songs of hers that are not on that album BUT as a full body of work, to me Innamoramento is just sublime as a whole.

It really is... 

May I ask, what are some of your favorites from her not featured on Innamoramento? I'm very curious, as she has so many great songs

Bitch I'm Madonna

On 8/10/2020 at 5:05 PM, Carpet Shark said:

19 hours ago, Musicisfreedom said:

No one makes concert films like her. They are so good

I have not seen any other artist to make Concert films like her, watching it is like a documentary of your life, like a journey within yourself, discovering every little unknown thing within yourself and connecting with them while you didn't know they excited there before. every ****in detail is considered and is in top-notch quality, even the effort on her DVD's closing credits is more beautiful and well worked than most of USian pop stars, the sound quality and volume, crispness and angles and the realism of her live performance, the live version of songs, every sound is considered and played live in a perfect way which is between the studio version and live version and her no other like live singing and theatrics... :fatcat::nooo:

Carpet Shark

Someone on GGD posted recently, asking (with a little snark) who was even releasing concert DVDs these days. And I wanted to say "well, Mylène". :)

I'm a fairly new fan, having discovered her work through a CATQ cover of California. While deciding whether to buy her music I had a playlist running in the background, so I still don't know the titles of most of her songs or the albums they came from, and don't yet have a favourite album.

My favourite ballad is Rêver. The song I found musically the funniest turned out to be Histoires - and then I googled the full title :). And then there's the one that starts and ends with a heavily distorted kookaburra cackle. :) The fiercest song combo is FTA/C'est dans l'air from the movie. Jardin de Vienne is strange and atmospheric.

I've now bought most of her albums and DVDs.

Archived