💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Favorite Mylène Farmer album?

Musicisfreedom

Featured Posts

Musicisfreedom

I don't see much love here for the French Queen of Pop, Mylène Farmer! She is absolutely amazing in every way and is one of my favorite artists of all time! A lot of people in the US don't really know her, but trust me, even tho her songs are in french, she is totally worth checking out.

For those of you familiar with her work, what album is your favorite? And why?

Bitch I'm Madonna

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bubblegum Bitch

I love her music, even though I can't understand what she is singing about. :laughga: I think, my favorite Mylene's album is her last one, Desobeissance, because it's the first album I've listened to full. :heart: Rolling Stone, Noublie Pas, Priere, Get Up Girl — bops! 

Musicisfreedom
1 minute ago, Trillion Reasons said:

I love her music, even though I can't understand what she is singing about. :laughga: I think, my favorite Mylene's album is her last one, Desobeissance, because it's the first album I've listened to full. :heart: Rolling Stone, Noublie Pas, Priere, Get Up Girl — bops! 

Yess super underrated album imo :heart:

Bitch I'm Madonna

Bubblegum Bitch

As for her discography, my favorite song is Apelle Mon Numero (groundbreaking.gif), I'm in love with this song, and music video is also amazing. :legend:

And Je t'aime Melancolie? Mylene really serves, and I wish more people would know about her. :)

Esteban

"Anamorphosée" then "L'autre" tied with "Innamoramento".
I love the trip hop and the grunge influences, the use of electric guitars, the warmer sound and the homogeneity of the whole. This album stills dark but bright at the same time and this is an album that non fans can listen to easily even if it's experimental. 
Edit: The last one "Désobeissance" is kinda cool too compared to "Point de suture", "Bleu noir" and "Monkey me"

Musicisfreedom
1 minute ago, Esteban said:

"Anamorphosée" then "L'autre" tied with "Innamoramento".
I love the trip hop and the grunge influences, the use of electric guitars, the warmer sound and the homogeneity of the whole. This album stills dark but bright at the same time and this is an album that non fans can listen easily even if it's experimental. 

All three are excellent choices!

Anamorphosée is such a unique album in her discography and is home to some of her best music. You're right that it does have a warmer sound especially compared to her other work. Definitely one of my favorite albums from her. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Bubblegum Bitch

Interesting fact, she's very popular among adults in Ukraine, Russia. I don't know why. :oprah:

Musicisfreedom
3 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

As for her discography, my favorite song is Apelle Mon Numero (groundbreaking.gif), I'm in love with this song, and music video is also amazing. :legend:

And Je t'aime Melancolie? Mylene really serves, and I wish more people would know about her. :)

Yess I love both of those tracks. And the music videos she serves are on a whole different level. I really wish more people outside of France would accept her amazing music. Americans can be kinda snobby with music in foreign languages tho. Spanish even has a hard getting frequent airplay over here considering the amount of people here who speak it

Bitch I'm Madonna

Musicisfreedom
4 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

Interesting fact, she's very popular among adults in Ukraine, Russia. I don't know why. :oprah:

I believe Russia and France are very intrigued by each others culture, specifically entertainment. That's what I have heard a least!

her video for Tristana is set in Russia and she even speaks Russian in the video

Bitch I'm Madonna

Bubblegum Bitch
1 minute ago, Musicisfreedom said:

Yess I love both of those tracks. And the music videos she serves are on a whole different level. I really wish more people outside of France would accept her amazing music. Americans can be kinda snobby with music in foreign languages tho. Spanish even has a hard getting frequent airplay over here considering the amount of people here who speak it

Actually, I think her music is not for Americans. I mean, they are not a fans of this kind of songs. But, once again, I think some songs from Desobeissance would slay! 

2 minutes ago, Musicisfreedom said:

I believe Russia and France are very intrigued by each others culture, specifically entertainment. That's what I have heard a least!

Another reason could be that her video for Tristana is set in Russia and she even speaks Russian in the video!

The whole old town of Saint Petersburg is built in the French style. :fan:

Musicisfreedom
Just now, Trillion Reasons said:

Actually, I think her music is not for Americans. I mean, they are not a fans of this kind of songs. But, once again, I think some songs from Desobeissance would slay! 

The whole old town of Saint Petersburg is built in the French style. :fan:

Yeah, that's true. I think some of her later music from Bleu Noir-Desobeissance could do well here. But her music in general is probably too dark, and her videos are way too graphic to ever do well in the US. But it sucks because she never tours here! So I'll have to go to her next time she's doing shows 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Peace

Def Innamoramento 

71vcJ5TEGGL._SL1337_.jpg

It has a perfect balance between Eastern and Western music, It's calm yet so gentle, Magnificent and glorious, it gives me sense of freedom, pain and joy at the same time, it seems in a way Euphoric and Ethereal, like flying over oceans, mountain tops and feeling air through my hair and remembering my bittersweet love realtions and my journey on earth ... not just the album but it's tour (Mylenium Tour) is my all time Fav tour ever, the intro , the outro , costumes , colors , her rawness , her gentle and comforting and soothing voice... I just can't... :nooo: 

She is the best pop star ever walked the earth and I'm so so glad I discovered her cuz she is not known in Iran... 

Musicisfreedom
2 minutes ago, Musicer said:

Def Innamoramento 

71vcJ5TEGGL._SL1337_.jpg

It has a perfect balance between Eastern and Western music, It's calm yet so gentle, Magnificent and glorious, it gives me sense of freedom, pain and joy at the same time, it seems in a way Euphoric and Ethereal, like flying over oceans, mountain tops and feeling air through my hair and remembering my bittersweet love realtions and my journey on earth ... not just the album but it's tour (Millennium Tour) is my all time Fav tour ever, the intro , the outro , costumes , colors , her rawness , her gentle and comforting and soothing voice... I just can't... :nooo: 

She is the best pop star ever walked the earth and I'm so so glad I discovered her cuz she is not known in Iran... 

I agree about everything you said. Literally everything. 

Bitch I'm Madonna

Esteban
4 minutes ago, Musicer said:

Def Innamoramento 

71vcJ5TEGGL._SL1337_.jpg

It has a perfect balance between Eastern and Western music, It's calm yet so gentle, Magnificent and glorious, it gives me sense of freedom, pain and joy at the same time, it seems in a way Euphoric and Ethereal, like flying over oceans, mountain tops and feeling air through my hair and remembering my bittersweet love realtions and my journey on earth ... not just the album but it's tour (Millennium Tour) is my all time Fav tour ever, the intro , the outro , costumes , colors , her rawness , her gentle and comforting and soothing voice... I just can't... :nooo: 

One of the best opening ever, never tired of it :pray:

Hyperballad

Innamoramento for SURE :giveup: I love the blend of Eastern and Western music along with the poetic and mesmerizing lyrics. It’s so euphoric and chilling. Not to mention the spectacular tour and the mesmerizing videos. By the end, I don’t know whether to feel ecstatic, completely depressed, or nothing :pray:

Fun fact: I discovered her when I was 12 and asked my few Twitter followers for foreign music recommendations, someone recommended her and I listened to Innamoramento out of complete boredom... Then I was hooked lol :air: Cut to 4 years later and I can speak/read a good amount of French, I have every single album, and I’m still completely obsessed :laughga: 

Archived