šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Katy's 'Smile' - potentially her last album?

Genuine Guy 09

Featured Posts

Summerboi14

I don't think she will quit music. Kesha is currently really low comercially but she still releases music.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProdigyARTPOP

You guys arenā€™t understanding what OP is trying to say, yes, we all know that Katy can continue to release music and that in one format or another, she will always be an artist in the public consciousness, but that only goes so far, because yes, labels donā€™t drop you just for having meh eras, but an artist of Katy Perryā€™s caliber should be able to enter the BB100 & sell more than 50k of an album, especially this far into the game.Ā 

Sheā€™s simply lost her marketing value & her/her team donā€™t know what direction to steer her career. Can she potentially be dropped from Capital Records, yes.

Labels ultimately want money & have to recuperate the investments they put into each album, all the promo/work theyā€™ve done for Smile, is money they will want back, so if this album also fails to live up to hype, she will be in hot water with them.Ā 

StrawberryBlond

No way, the name Katy Perry still carries a ton of weight and she has a lot of YouTube subscribers (even though a big portion of them are definitely fake). Christina Aguilera also had bad sales for several albums in a row and she's yet to be dropped. Labels can still keep an artist on their books but just lower their budget once they're past their peak and I think that will happen to her. I believe Capitol will persevere with her for a while and it would be so insensitive to drop a woman's who's just given birth as well. It's a delicate time right now between her being pregnant, corona and not being able to do proper music videos or tour. It means more time is needed to see what the next route will be for her.

Xoxo Adriana
6 hours ago, SeIena Gomez said:

I honestly donā€™t understand what she was going for with the pixie cut at all. Why did she think that would be a good idea?Ā It looked great but way too drastic and shouldā€™ve just been a music video look or she gradually went into it. (Starts the era with long blonde hair, gets shorter and shorter as the era progresses for example)Ā :saladga:Ā 

CTTR was a great lead, then I think Power would have been good and Swish Swish with a better video.Ā 

Ā 

i read up that she apparently cut her hair off as a statement, everyone viewed her as a sex symbol and generally liked her looks over her music, and being she wanted people to see her for her music rather than her looks she cut it all off. i donā€™t know if this is legitimate though but i remember reading about it.Ā 

Power is an amazing song but as far as a single thatā€™s questionable, but you never really know! CTTR indeed was a perfect lead and was super successful, i just think what made the hype for the album die down was that we were waiting almost two whole months for the second single, bon appetit which ended up being very underwhelming in comparison to CTTR.Ā 

SeIena Gomez
Just now, Xoxo Adriana said:

i read up that she apparently cut her hair off as a statement, everyone viewed her as a sex symbol and generally liked her looks over her music, and being she wanted people to see her for her music rather than her looks she cut it all off. i donā€™t know if this is legitimate though but i remember reading about it.Ā 

Power is an amazing song but as far as a single thatā€™s questionable, but you never really know! CTTR indeed was a perfect lead and was super successful, i just think what made the hype for the album die down was that we were waiting almost two whole months for the second single, bon appetit which ended up being very underwhelming in comparison to CTTR.Ā 

Wow I canā€™t even remember waiting that long for the second single. I just think Power would make a lot more sense because itā€™s more of a political statement than Bon AppetitĀ and I think overallĀ the album wouldnā€™t be as much of a confusing concept.Ā 

Genuine Guy 09
8 minutes ago, Doot said:

She literally mentioned the sixth album this morning.Ā :bear:

What the :deadbanana:the 5th one isn't out... Moving on this quick

Katy, ha TUN era!Ā 

Stare at the Chartster in the mirror they talk to me too. #StreamFunTonight

Just now, Genuine Guy 09 said:

What the :deadbanana:the 5th one isn't out... Moving on this quick

Katy, ha TUN era!Ā 

Yep. She said whatever songs she felt didn't fit for Smile would be on "KP6".Ā 

Archived